babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Squeaking seat belt assembly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got a brand new Evoque very recently and two months in this annoying squeaking started, somewhere in the back - almost every time I go over a minor bump or manhole cover or change lane. I've removed everything from the back already - both covers (cargo space cover and floor cover), the spare tire, jack - so it's neither of those. We seem to have localized it to rear right seat belt assembly (where the belt is retracted) - it seems to come somewhere from that vicinity.

Has anyone ever hit anything like this?
(28-01-2014 06:32am)mutabor Wrote: [ -> ]Got a brand new Evoque very recently and two months in this annoying squeaking started, somewhere in the back - almost every time I go over a minor bump or manhole cover or change lane. I've removed everything from the back already - both covers (cargo space cover and floor cover), the spare tire, jack - so it's neither of those. We seem to have localized it to rear right seat belt assembly (where the belt is retracted) - it seems to come somewhere from that vicinity.

Has anyone ever hit anything like this?

The problem I had with the rear seatbelt was that on rough roads the buckle bangs against the hard plastic of the seat. Cured by gluing a piece of black foam to the plastic
I've had a squeak in the back, which I found went away when the right hand rear seat was left down or at least not latched back. Dealer has sorted it but I don't know what they did, so don't know if it's permanent or will return...
Plug the seat belts in and if it goes away it's what Speary said. :0)

I'm still on the look out for something that does this that looks the part. If anyone has bought something good to fix this problem, please let me know.

Cheers
I had a really annoying squeak way back last year which in the end turned out to be the spare wheel/tyre and/or the foam that surrounds it. After taking it all out, carefully repositioning the wheel so the tyre didn't touch anything, it was all nice and quiet. It did however sound like it was coming from the back seat area and drove me mad for a few trips until I sorted it - never happened since.
Reference URL's