babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: melting LR Rubber Floormats :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just noticed a few days back....the heel portion of my driver side LR Rubber Mat seems to be melting Sad anybody experienced this? while the passenger's mat has a slight tear on the metal strip portion. Very poor quality IMO.
(22-01-2014 01:29pm)Bruno787 Wrote: [ -> ]just noticed a few days back....the heel portion of my driver side LR Rubber Mat seems to be melting Sad anybody experienced this? while the passenger's mat has a slight tear on the metal strip portion. Very poor quality IMO.

Blimey, how hot is it there?
could it be that you stepped in petrol or another substance and then got in the car,
and the rubber started dissolving?

I've had this with my security boots, the sole melted after stepping into a chemical
I got a set of heavy duty rubber mats from this UK company.
They fit the Evoque perfectly and the drivers mat extends further forward than some of the LR mats.

https://www.carmats4u.com/Search-results...oduct.html
(22-01-2014 05:07pm)scalle Wrote: [ -> ]could it be that you stepped in petrol or another substance and then got in the car,
and the rubber started dissolving?

I've had this with my security boots, the sole melted after stepping into a chemical

oh??? I didnt know that petroleum products can melt rubber! Hmmm...... i work in an area where oil, fuel and automotive fluids arent foreign Smile
Reference URL's