babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Is it worth going for adaptive dynamics option?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Out of curiosity I know the dynamic comes with magnaride, but does a prestige with adaptive dynamics == magneride suspension?

If it does then I would hazard a guess that adaptive dynamics itself would smooth out the ride.
(09-01-2014 05:53pm)MarkA_ Wrote: [ -> ]but does a prestige with adaptive dynamics == magneride suspension?
Yes, it is the "magnaride" which is able to respond so quick... something stupid like a thousand adjustments a second.

(09-01-2014 04:47pm)kaalus Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, does it mean when I spec adaptive dynamics and never go near the "dynamic mode" I _will_ get smoother ride?
Yes

(09-01-2014 05:23pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]I like the adaptive suspension but have never been terribly convinced of the dynamic mode "enhancements
I can really notice it if pressing on, effectively giving a greater cornering speed on long bends.... without incriminating myself, I can (for example) go round bend "A" at 50mph in standard mode or 60 in dynamic, solely because the car doesn't feel like it's trying to topple over.

... and of course you get funky red dials Laughing
I would save the money, even my basic model handles much better than it should for a big car.

I have driven both and yes it's nice to have the option but I don't think you will be disappointed with the standard car.

Now on 62'000 miles and car still as comfortable as it was when new
Adaptive set up should generally provide for a smoother ride....although I didn't spend to much time comparing on various test drives. I went ahead and picked the option anyway.

Once switch is set to dynamic mode then yes it firms up and enables flatter cornering BUT in my experience the ride then becomes noticeably choppy on all but the smoothest roads. in our region the roads are pants so I rarely get to switch it to dynamic mode. There is no difference to the steering feel on the manual when switched to dynamic.

On the whole I am glad I have it. It gives me choices!
My advice would be to drive both and see which you prefer. I do perceive a difference at both the comfort and sporty ends of the spectrum on my dynamic, compared to when I drove a pure without it. However is it worth the money if specced as an extra option on a prestige? Not sure and only you can answer that! (Because only you know how much money you've got to burn and how angry the other half will get!)
Adaptive Dynamics is a fantastic system, and definitely gives a smoother ride compared to without, and this was the main reason i opted for it. Also, when in the mood,and the road is challenging, having the choice to switch into dynamic mode, really firms things up for a racier drive.
Again, for it's ride (and remembering this is a short wheelbase car) ,it manages to give the ride of a great riding big car.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's