babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Second Service time already
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Just got a quote from Lookers in Battersea for the 2 year service coming in at £566.

I'm sure I read someone got theirs done for under £300, Does anyone know what is included in the 2nd servcie.

Thanks
(13-12-2013 11:59am)fam1x Wrote: [ -> ]Just got a quote from Lookers in Battersea for the 2 year service coming in at £566.

I'm sure I read someone got theirs done for under £300, Does anyone know what is included in the 2nd servcie.

Thanks

It's a simple process:

1. Renew Oil + Filter,
2. Renew Pollen filter
3. Renew Fuel filter
4. Fill windscreen wash
5. Quick trip through local car wash (sorry valet) and hoover
6. Reset money making counter (sorry service display)
7. Tell you what a valuable customer you are
8. Relieve you of £566
9. Spend their £466 profit

Twisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted Evil
Thanks

Has anyone heard of the software update on the audio system available what it is etc ?
Excuse my sarcasm/cynicism, but I there really isn't much work in it. The only real difference is at the third service includes a brake fluid change Very HappyVery Happy
(13-12-2013 11:59am)fam1x Wrote: [ -> ]Just got a quote from Lookers in Battersea for the 2 year service coming in at £566.

Thanks

I paid £430, it is more expensive than the 1st service (£287), but only because they are supposed to remove the road wheels for a better check and to grease the spigot to avoid the wheels corroding on.

I don't think anyone has got for less than £300 from a main stream dealer, possibly from an Authorised service centre. There is a long thread on second service.

The Audio update maybe to do with the TV update that's been causing issues, but without proper details of your update that's hard to know.
I'm just wondering if the Audio update will stop my DVD on the move from working. I currently have the TV Mod device fitted from bell auto's when they first came out.

Would be nice if they can put the new auto parking into bay Smile
Mine's due next month; my first local quote was 550ish but a dealer 45 minutes away quoted 429 so local dealer immediately said "the best they could do" was 446. Plus a £20 "bacterial refresh" or something for the aircon.
(13-12-2013 07:58pm)j7david Wrote: [ -> ]Plus a £20 "bacterial refresh" or something for the aircon.

You can get the can for £10 from Halfrauds and do this yourselfQuestion
Don't exactly do much in any service do they? Are all the parts nowdays that good? Rediculous costs, where do they get them from?
(13-12-2013 01:43pm)fam1x Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks

Has anyone heard of the software update on the audio system available what it is etc ?

If you've got a TV, it may be the patch that stops the radio cutting out and the periodic feedback through the speakers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's