babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Creaking Brakes on Evoque
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since my Evoque was new, I've experienced a creaking sound coming from the brakes. The creaking (like a creaking door hinge) happens right before the vehicle stops and again happens upon releasing the brakes to start moving. Its most loud when slowly descending sand feathering the brakes. I first thought it was the pads and rotors bedding when they were new, but its now 3000 miles and the sound persists. Before I take it in to the dealership has anyone else experienced this issue?
I also have this on my automatic evoque - however it is the first auto that I've ever had and my father in law drives an auto merc which makes a similar noise. I just thought it was "brake grab" or something like that. Doesn't happen at any sort of speed but happens almost exactly the way you're describing it.
I'd be interested to see what your dealer makes of it.
(06-12-2013 05:22pm)m_101 Wrote: [ -> ]I also have this on my automatic evoque - however it is the first auto that I've ever had and my father in law drives an auto merc which makes a similar noise. I just thought it was "brake grab" or something like that. Doesn't happen at any sort of speed but happens almost exactly the way you're describing it.

I've got an auto Evoque and an auto Merc., and I agree - both do it occasionally. I don't drive the Merc. very often, and I always thought (maybe wrongly) it was just the pads easing off having seized a bit.

I get so many rattles, groans, and creaks with the Evoque that I've just got used to noises all the time!
(06-12-2013 05:22pm)m_101 Wrote: [ -> ]I also have this on my automatic evoque - however it is the first auto that I've ever had and my father in law drives an auto merc which makes a similar noise. I just thought it was "brake grab" or something like that. Doesn't happen at any sort of speed but happens almost exactly the way you're describing it.

Dealer test drove the car and stated that the creaking is characteristic of the semi-metallic brake pads. Informed me that they did a brake inspection and everything checked out perfect, no abnormal wear to pads (4000 miles on my Evoque) and calipers tight. I may change to ceramic pads and see if the creaking goes away. At least the ceramic pads will limit the brake dust.
Thanks for the update. I might do this too, when my pads need changing.
Reference URL's