babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Climair Wind Deflectors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I have just taken delivery off my new Land Rover Evoque and I am loving it so far.

The question I have is I bought Climair wind deflectors manufactured specifically for it and asked my dealer in Edinburgh if they could fit them at PDI.
When I went to take delivery of the car last week the salesman informed me that they could not fit them due the safety feature of the electric windows bouncing back down when they reached the top of the door frame due to deflectors.

Does anyone have them fitted or is this correct and wind deflectors just cannot be fitted to this model despite the fact Climair do manufacture and sell them particularly for the LR Evoque.

Thank you in advance for your response
Brian
I fitted them myself to my wife's coupe - took a couple of minutes, very simple to fit.
Also had them on my Navara truck, and our old Disco 3.

All electric windows have the anti trap device, when fitted you just slowly close them, they might retract, but just close them again. The destructions say to leave the window for 24hrs so they can bed in.

Not everyone's cup of tea........

Will try and dig out a photo.
....and I did
[Image: DSC00063_zpsc697d0a9.jpg]
Do the air deflectors interfere with the already small space between the A pillars and the mirrors and further limit visibility by having to look through them?
I like them, they seem to be quite popular again nowdays.
(03-12-2013 08:29pm)Brian6061 Wrote: [ -> ]When I went to take delivery of the car last week the salesman informed me that they could not fit them due the safety feature of the electric windows bouncing back down when they reached the top of the door frame due to deflectors.

Bullsh** They clip in and on mine the drivers side accepted them without any problems, the passenger side I had to override the window control the first time it closed.

No increase in wind noise and can now get some fresh air in the car without any water dripping in. You can fit them yourself in two minutes.

PS: If you waft a hair drier over the sticker for a couple of minutes it will lift off (and a quick IPA wipe to remove any residue)!
Reference URL's