babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: OG vs LG comparative pictures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday I popped into the LR dealership (conveniently situated right next to a Jaguar dealership) and had a look at Stornoway RRS next to a Lunar Grey (OG) Jaguar XF so I can see the colours side by side.

Bear in mind that BOTH these colours change radically depending on the amount and angle of the light so this is in no way meant to be an absolute representation of the colour but merely a side-by-side in the same light conditions comparison.

First the LR colour chart, the colour on the very left is Stornoway, second from the left is Orkney Grey and then Indus Silver (thought it good to throw that into the mix since the concern is that OG is very light

[Image: 6061202109_7e90152cdd_b.jpg]

Not all that different on the swatches…

Next a photo of the XF, with the side of the RRS visible to the right - in this photo it's hard to tell any difference

[Image: 6061203355_9a831df055_b.jpg]

Another one from a different angle, the OG appearing more blue and the Stornoway more brown

[Image: 6061755330_5ecb385fdd_b.jpg]

and finally two LG pictures from different angles (had to photograph a third car to get the one angle, but that was parked facing the previous two so once again same light conditions)

[Image: 6061204855_bbf0dfe54c_b.jpg]

[Image: 6061754116_308fd6a782_b.jpg]

I also had a look at a proper OG Defender that was in the w/shop and another LG XF parked outside in the sun. To be honest head on, side by side in the shade there is very little difference with both showing hints of brown and blue depending on the angle. The LG/OG does appear a little more grey than the Stornoway but not by a lot.

When outside in direct sunlight the OG changes more so than the Stornoway and appears lighter. Of the two OG certainly changes a lot more depending on the angle and light but on the whole I am actually quite comfortable.

Hope this helps those on the fence re OG
Good work. The evoques I have seen in OG look very light indeed
Reckon you need to go to OG annoymous after that lot Laughing
Laughing

'My name is (insert name here) and I'm an Orkneyholic' Confused
Not sure if this has been posted already but interesting brief video of a grey evoque outside a dealership in Toronto. Stornoway?

Reference URL's