babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Rear fog light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,
Hope all with you?
Can someone advise as wife just broke rear fog light whether the bumper has to come off to fit new fog lamp as assume lens is not replacement item?
Thanks
Mikey
(14-10-2013 07:25pm)Mikey777 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,
Hope all with you?
Can someone advise as wife just broke rear fog light whether the bumper has to come off to fit new fog lamp as assume lens is not replacement item?
Thanks
Mikey

The bulb comes out from the back, accessed from underneath the bumper. I am pretty sure the main unit just clips into the bumper surrounding. Should be able to access all from behind the bumper, but make sure exhaust is not hot.

There is enough height to get under the car but suggest driving the car onto a block on wood to give you an extra inch or two of space (makes a real difference).
='BFGEvoqueMan' pid='92037' dateline='1381775833']

Hi,
Many thanks that should be a bit cheaper as can do myself rather than having to remove the bumper appreciate your advice Ta
(14-10-2013 08:20pm)Mikey777 Wrote: [ -> ]='BFGEvoqueMan' pid='92037' dateline='1381775833']

Hi,
Many thanks that should be a bit cheaper as can do myself rather than having to remove the bumper appreciate your advice Ta

If you need to remove the bumper then it will only take about 15 mins (assuming you are reasonably DIY competent). If you look at this link ( http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Updated-T...structions ) then it will show you how to take the bumper off.Very Happy
Try ebay for replacement fog lights or if you have no luck try one of the forum sponsors who should be able to get you one with about 20% discount
[quote='WB' pid='92109' dateline='1381933572']
Many thanks, yes, Duckworths want £125+vat so will try ebay and others
Ta
Mikey
Just seen a video on youtube showing how to remove the rear bumpers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyMkF18C-pY

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/LyMkF18C-pY?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/LyMkF18C-pY?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
just removed my broken left rear fog light without removing the bumber. hell of the job but got it out.
Reference URL's