babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: The Range is Gone! :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well after nearly 2 years with my RR we parted ways yesterday! But i cant wait for my new CLA45!!!
Nice car and I bet it drives nce! Nice interior also. One thing I'm not sure about with some Mercs these days is the rear end? Something not quite right about the styling for me.
(04-09-2013 09:40am)DustinDep Wrote: [ -> ]Well after nearly 2 years with my RR we parted ways yesterday! But i cant wait for my new CLA45!!!

Snap!
Just been told my A45 should hit dockside 1st week in October so mine will go to a new owner then.
I would like to have ordered a new RRE but it hasn't moved on enough spec-wise to buy another.
Maybe in a couple of years when the hew hotfire engines etc etc are online I may return.

As regards the back end of new Mercs not being good looking.
If its got AMG on the back you aren't going to see it anyway!
Twisted Evil
My Mercedes AMG has been the most unreliable car I have ever owned.
(04-09-2013 11:16pm)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]My Mercedes AMG has been the most unreliable car I have ever owned.

Ditto. I had an SLK AMG. Rubbish! Spent almost as much time in dealership than on the road (used to joke that it had more miles vertically than horizontally... except it wasn't that funny!)
Don't think in reality that German cars are as reliable as they have you believe!!!!!! There is the BMW thread for a start.

If one wants a cars spec to change significantly in only a 2 year period the best car to buy is a Ford as they change specs like an optician.
(18-09-2013 08:22pm)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]If one wants a cars spec to change significantly in only a 2 year period the best car to buy is a Ford as they change specs like an optician.

Laughing
Have had one Merc (and about a dozen courtesy mercs as mine was always in for warranty issues).

Without doubt the worse made car I have ever owned, good engine but that was it, awful build quality, consistently unreliable, numerous breakdowns, even two courtesy cars broke down on me!

Never again would I buy a Merc!
There have been people on this forum who would say the same about their experiences with the Evoque.
I had a Jaguar XF 3.0D S which was the most unreliable car I've ever owned; even Jaguar couldn't sort the problems so I got rid of it at huge cost. This doesn't make me believe that all Jaguars are rubbish, I believe mine was a rogue. My real annoyance was the shabby treatment received from Jaguar although after many arguments we got a £3k contribution towards our Evoque, after having lost £23k in 16 months on the XF.
Tim
Reference URL's