babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Key fob rubber lining detached,... (?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Team:

My RR is about 1,3 years old and I got the rubber lining of key fob detached,...

Pretty annoying and potentially some water/moisture can get in,...

Anybody has similar problem ? Warranty ?

BR : Miha
sounds like a warranty problem!
There's a Special Service Message (SSM 51797 - Smart Key Cover Detaching From Casing) on Topix. I don't have a subscription but sounds pretty much related to what you are experiencing.

As an aside, on my first Evoque which I had for 18 months I also towards the end noticed the rubber lining loosening around the edges.
Speak to your dealer

I asked about the problem and when I came to collect my car from a service thy had replaced it under warranty.

Amazing service, very happy, never had this with other brands
I've also had a key changed under warranty because the rubber layer over the buttons was peeling.
No problems - they ordered a new key and programmed it into the car when I visited the garage.

Be aware that they need all the keys available when they do the programming for the new key.
I had this issue, and put it to my dealer also...they too happily replaced it for a new one under warranty. You should do the same miha.m.
Only had my one key as I didn't believe they would change it.

Was amazed, all functions were as normal immediately afterwards. Very Happy
What is the standard warranty on keys; have it for 18 months & now it is coming off
^^^ same as the car surely!
Mine replaced after 18 months without any issues.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's