babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Pain defect on near side front wing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today I noticed that the near side front wing ( passenger side UK) has had the pain worn away where it meets the headlight and front bumper. It appears that it is a warranty job and I am awaiting confirmation of the fix from LR.

Photo below, follow the gap between the from bumper and wing to where it meets the headlight. This where the wing has rubbed the pain away on the headlight. A quick browse around the car park at the dealer identifies several other cars with the same fault.

CHECK YOURS!
[Image: a5ab8be0d4f7be5a2d57e952cce4693e.jpg]
There is a dark shadow where the fault is so not obvious in the photo
(12-08-2013 07:41pm)Davevx Wrote: [ -> ]has had the pain worn away where it meets the headlight and front bumper.

This where the wing has rubbed the pain away on the headlight.

CHECK YOURS!

If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a doctor Wink
Lol

In today for wing / headlight adjustment and paint warranty.
(12-08-2013 07:41pm)Davevx Wrote: [ -> ]Today I noticed that the near side front wing ( passenger side UK) has had the pain worn away where it meets the headlight and front bumper. It appears that it is a warranty job and I am awaiting confirmation of the fix from LR.

Photo below, follow the gap between the from bumper and wing to where it meets the headlight. This where the wing has rubbed the pain away on the headlight. A quick browse around the car park at the dealer identifies several other cars with the same fault.

CHECK YOURS!
[Image: a5ab8be0d4f7be5a2d57e952cce4693e.jpg]
There is a dark shadow where the fault is so not obvious in the photo

Looks like I have the same problem, did you manage to get the dealer to fix this?

Cheers
They adjusted the wing slightly and touched up the minor defect and gave me the touch up stick.
Mine is in on Wednesday for exactly the same issue, and also for the tailgate trim rubbing, the recall and of course the audio crackle/cut-out, though the last one will be bodged until they can work out how to fob us off without it costing too much money.

The rubbing on my wing is now quite deep and I think through the paint coats and rubbing away the plastic of the wing Sad
Could you please put an arrow on the picture or something to show us where the defect should be? Might just be me but can't see it (and would quite like to know if the same thing is happening on mine). Thanks!
(09-09-2013 09:33pm)m_101 Wrote: [ -> ]Could you please put an arrow on the picture or something to show us where the defect should be? Might just be me but can't see it (and would quite like to know if the same thing is happening on mine). Thanks!

It's where the bottom edge of the headlight meets the wing (not bumper) - could happen either side and is basically rubbing.

Mine has now gone through the paint into the plastic of the wing ...

[attachment=3732]

Click on the thumbnail and I have circled the area affected.
Awesome, thanks. I'll have a check of mine once it's back from the dealers but I don't think it's happened to mine. Hopefully.
Check both sides. And the damage initially (on mine anyway as it's OG) just looks like crud where the headlight meets the wing - but if you feel it with your fingernail, you can feel it's scratched not dirt.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's