babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Speaker Quality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have my Evoque booked in with the dealers for a few issues, one of which is a vibration from the front left door speaker. To help the dealer identify the problem I downloaded a set of sounds of varying frequencies and played them through each speaker. OMG, at lower frequencies with the volume up a bit the door cards create a terrible vibration/buzzing sound (front left and front right. rears are not too bad). If I press on the bottom part of the door card it tends to damp out the vibrations.
Therefore I suspect that there is nothing wrong with the speakers but it is the really cheap crappy lower part of the door cards and whatever is hanging loose behind them that is causing the vibration
Dissapointed to say the least. Great car, poor attention to detail
(23-07-2013 08:42am)speary Wrote: [ -> ]I have my Evoque booked in with the dealers for a few issues, one of which is a vibration from the front left door speaker. To help the dealer identify the problem I downloaded a set of sounds of varying frequencies and played them through each speaker. OMG, at lower frequencies with the volume up a bit the door cards create a terrible vibration/buzzing sound (front left and front right. rears are not too bad). If I press on the bottom part of the door card it tends to damp out the vibrations.
Therefore I suspect that there is nothing wrong with the speakers but it is the really cheap crappy lower part of the door cards and whatever is hanging loose behind them that is causing the vibration
Dissapointed to say the least. Great car, poor attention to detail

May I ask if you have the standard 8 speakers or the Meridian 11 speakers?
(23-07-2013 12:27pm)mklam90 Wrote: [ -> ]May I ask if you have the standard 8 speakers or the Meridian 11 speakers?

standard Meridian 380w system which I thing has 9 or 10 speakers
Standard 380w is ten speakers plus subwoofer
I have the same system and the speakers on my driver door can sometimes rattle/vibrate the door as well on some bassy music with loud volume. Also does anyone know if the grille on the centre of the dashboard is the subwoofer or a speaker or nothing at all? I've been wondering. Thanks.
(23-07-2013 06:03pm)mklam90 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same system and the speakers on my driver door can sometimes rattle/vibrate the door as well on some bassy music with loud volume. Also does anyone know if the grille on the centre of the dashboard is the subwoofer or a speaker or nothing at all? I've been wondering. Thanks.

The subwoofer is under the starboard seat. It looks like the grill in the dash is just a grill unless you have the 15 speaker surround system.
[attachment=3655]
Hi i had the same issue which has been resolved, I think its a fault in the making of the dynamic coupes.

Here's the thread, good luck with it! http://babyrr.com/forum/thread-5920.html
Play Caveman from Tubular Bells 2003 remaster and you will see just how garbage the speaker installation is. In my Audi with Bose and even the Harmon Kardon system in my wife's Merc is much better

http://rd.io/x/QQd5Vjcemxo/
Reference URL's