babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Seats always down?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking at getting an Evoque. We'd be leaving the back seats folded down 98% of the time. Would this be hard on the back cushions and deform them, or would it be no problem?
Be aware that they don't lay completely flat. Given this, I assume this means that the cushions do rest on something - however, as to the long term effect of this I can't say as don't have my seats down for long periods.
Without a doubt you will get impressions in the seat cushions, however, they may well recover with a bit of manipulation.
The back seats in our Pinin are down pretty much all of the time and there is always a little crease/dent when I do lift them up, but it soon returns to normal. - It amazes me how new the rear seats still look! lol

The other thing to consider, is that you can remove the seat base and get the seat back to lay perfectly flat, but I can't say for sure (without removing my seat base again) to see what the seat backs are then resting on.
My brother in law bought a Nissan patrol where the previous owner had used bungees across the seats to hold something for a long time, never thought that they would recover, but three months later you would never have known.

I have had some quite heavy gear in my car in the back with seats folded and they still look like knew, just beware as others have mentioned that the seat backs are at an angle and not flat.
If its convenient you could remove the rear seat bases to get a flat load floor
Reference URL's