babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Locking car with boot open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,
Can someone confirm whether possible to leave tailgate open and lock vehicle?
Have dogs and wanted to leave open with them in cage but lock rest of car. Assume no go?
Thanks,
MikeySurprised
If the car is locked, but you just press the boot release button on the fob, does that not leave the doors locked? I would go outside and try but the Mrs is out in it - AGAIN!
(05-07-2013 05:16pm)LaserTam Wrote: [ -> ]If the car is locked, but you just press the boot release button on the fob, does that not leave the doors locked? I would go outside and try but the Mrs is out in it - AGAIN!

The doors stay locked and when the tailgate closes it will re alarm itself for security.
Lock the doors first then open the tailgate. Only problem is the interior lights come on if I remember correctly
They do , but I believe they will switch off after a while, so they don't drain the battery. I found this out when swapping my bulbs for LED's, after 10 minutes or so, the interior lights go off automatically.
thanks Guys,
will try locking and then opening the tailgate.
didnt think that one thru senior moment I guess
Ta,
mikeVery Happy

uote='dynamicgirl' pid='88601' dateline='1373112140']
They do , but I believe they will switch off after a while, so they don't drain the battery. I found this out when swapping my bulbs for LED's, after 10 minutes or so, the interior lights go off automatically.
[/quote]
Reference URL's