babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Faulty windscreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all, new to this forum but i've had a several Discoveries and a Sport so ive been on both those forums. Collected a new Evoque on the 29th May, totally delighted with it. Took it out today for the first time in a couple of weeks as the wife normally uses it during the week and notice speckling across the bottom of the windscreen at both sides. I've had it to the dealers today and they say they've never seen it before but have agreed to replace the screen. I was wondering if any other forum members have come across this problem.
Err, can't see anything wrong?

can you circle them?
(06-06-2013 07:05pm)RacingSnake Wrote: [ -> ]Err, can't see anything wrong?

can you circle them?

Sorry haven't got the software to circles them, all the white marks are actually in the windscreen they look like frost on the screen, the screen is smooth to the touch on both sides
That looks very strange! Can't even think what could have caused something like that. Hopefully once the windscreen is replaced you won't have any more problems with your new Evoque.
(06-06-2013 07:09pm)nickschof Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry haven't got the software to circles them, all the white marks are actually in the windscreen they look like frost on the screen, the screen is smooth to the touch on both sides
oh blimey ShockedShockedShocked
I thought that was some crap on your dashboard, I didn't realise that was in the glass!

Never seen that before in my life, but would assume it's some form of crystallisation of something to do with the heated screen.
Looks like windshield (oops -- windscreen) delamination.
Looks like some contamination in the laminate layers, possibly a fungal growth.
If you zoom in to the picture there is a little man trapped in your glass just above the main fault Shocked
(07-06-2013 05:03am)scrannel Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like windshield (oops -- windscreen) delamination.

+1
Do LR have Jack Frost working at the factory now
It's the Fractal Edition...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's