babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Some so and so gone and scratched my car!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
All,

Arrived back to my car today and someone gone and put a deep scratch (down to primer) on the offside rear door.

It's approximately 15cm long and 2mm wide right in the middle of the door.

Not sure if it can be smart repaired or the whole door going to need to be re-sprayed.

Can anyone recommend a bodyshop/smart repairer in the midlands (Birmingham/tamworth) that can do a top job as I have a very sensitive eye for bodyshop repairs.

Thanks
Paul.
Firstly, what paint colour do you have? As some are easier to blend than other (i.e. the Metallics).
Go to a proper bodyshop. You will if the job is done properly need to have the panel blended into the panels eitherside or it will look horrid.
This is why the good bodyshops go out of business because so many folk automatically think - Smart Repair.
I wouldn't use them.
(31-05-2013 06:38pm)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly, what paint colour do you have? As some are easier to blend than other (i.e. the Metallics).

Hi

it's Baltic Blue which includes lots of sparkle.

Paul.
Really sorry to hear about your damage. That would wind me up if I'd found that on mine.

Since owning my Evoque, I have found quite a lot of animosity directed towards me - usually when driving and usually when I'm behind someone, (such as people deliberately slowing down and generally pissing around and making gestures) but I also heard someone (not going to state the gender for fear of being called sexist) comment 'at' me after getting out of the car in a car park and minding my own business after making sure I parked safely away from the general scrapheap of crap cars ... "bloody poseur ... cars like that should be run off the roads". Bit sad really.

There does seem to have been reports on forums of a few people who have had unexplained damage to their Evoques, found on returning to them and also a couple of people who have had things like their wing mirrors twatted.

I think that for some people, there is a great deal of envy and anger at those who have worked hard for nice things. It seems to be more prevalent these days, and in particular directed towards nice/expensive vehicles. Some kind of fallout after years of an 'entitlement' culture?
Sorry to hear about your scratch. Someone keyed our brand new D4 the first time my wife drove it, after I'd just picked it up from the dealers(at church no less). They keyed the full length of the car.
We used 'Car Medic', and you can't see where the respray is, and we have Stornoway Grey'
We've used them several times, after auto glass used then to repair my Audi A4, when they took the paintwork off down to the metal when removing a smashed rear windscreen.
I think it's a franchise business though, but maybe worth a call. Depending on the scratch, they may have to take your car away to repair it in the workshop rather than a mobile repair.
Hope this helps
Really sorry to hear about this, ..as the guys have already said, some people are just SO sad and eaten up with envy that they can't see anyone have anything nice without doing something despicable like this. It makes my blood boil, it really does. The low-lives who do these things are usually those that will never get off their backsides long enough to do an honest day's work and they simply can't stand to see decent, hardworking folks enjoying the fruits of their hard-earned! Sad

I hope you get it fixed and that it doesn't cost you a fortune. Smile Paula xx
(31-05-2013 08:41pm)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]Go to a proper bodyshop. You will if the job is done properly need to have the panel blended into the panels eitherside or it will look horrid.
This is why the good bodyshops go out of business because so many folk automatically think - Smart Repair.
I wouldn't use them.
Absolutely agree, and if you're like me you'll look at that paint repair everytime you get into the car. So for peace of mind, get it done with a good LR approved bodyshop for that and the warranty!
This happened to my Cairns blue D3, someone keyed both passenger side doors. I used my dealers bodyshop, at the time it cost £480 to get both doors done, would never even know the car had been touched up.

Definitley look around for a reputable bodyshop.
Since youre in Birmingham Guy Salmon Coventry have a full bodyshop onsite, and do many of the Gaydon centre repair jobs, had my front replaced there due to a manufacturing fault, and when asked if it was thier first, as soon after launch they said they had already done quite a few of the press cars!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's