babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Crackling noise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed that when I drive at speed (at least around 50 mph) I can hear an intermittent crackling noise (a bit like two live electrical wires periodically brushing against each other) from the area around the drivers sun visor/door pillar. Anyone any ideas or experienced this before? Another issue to go to the dealers for!!
(04-05-2013 08:33am)woaps Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed that when I drive at speed (at least around 50 mph) I can hear an intermittent crackling noise (a bit like two live electrical wires periodically brushing against each other) from the area around the drivers sun visor/door pillar. Anyone any ideas or experienced this before? Another issue to go to the dealers for!!

Have this myself and have traced it to the the black plastic A pillar capping on the windscreen. Give it a wobble when you are parked and you will hear the funny squeaking noise coming from the rubber trim that contacts the glass. I have had a new screen so my cappings have been replaced properly by the fitter.
Reference URL's