babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Spare Wheel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I didn't order a spare wheel with my Evoque and have been thinking of getting on, has anyone here fitted a spare wheel into they car, will it take a full size spare? Anyone have the part numbers that are needed, and finally what does it cost?
You can find kits on e-bay for around £300, or get them from Dan. Space saver only.
Unfortunately when you get the tire snot, the whole under rear lid thing is different. So, you have to buy everything... not just the tire.
(27-04-2013 07:44pm)Nantmoel Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't order a pare wheel with my Evoque and have been thinking of getting on, has anyone here fitted a spare wheel into they car, will it take a full size spare? Anyone have the part numbers that are needed, and finally what does it cost?

Lease company paid for the kit after I got a puncture and got towed to a garage but tyres a year ago for the 20" wheels were difficult to get. The new foam insert requires the side panels and trims taking off, took two technicians at the garage an hour to do, watch them do it and its a task to do, ridiculous really the effort needed to get the old foam out and new foam in
Speak to the chaps at Gordon Lamb in Chesterfield. They provided me the whole kit and fitted it in about 20 minutes.
Kit includes foam inserts, jack, brace, space saver wheel etc.
reay good service price.
The foam inserts are £40 +vat EACH, and theyre on back order with LR.
i know because I'm waiting! Lol
Thanks for the replies - Would I be able to put a full size wheel in the inserts?
(28-04-2013 10:27am)Nantmoel Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the replies - Would I be able to put a full size wheel in the inserts?

No.
I do find this a little strange that you can not fit a full size spare into the boot space - where were the designers when they made this decision?
(29-04-2013 08:38am)Nantmoel Wrote: [ -> ]I do find this a little strange that you can not fit a full size spare into the boot space - where were the designers when they made this decision?

Sadly, it's common nowadays. They obviously think that punctures are a thing of the past.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's