babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Windscreen washer jets faulty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all

I have an Si4 Dynamic 3dr which I got from new back in October 2011.

A few months ago, the left windscreen washer stopped giving a nice, wide spray of water and instead started just 'pouring' water just a few inches up the windscreen. In the last few days, the right one has started doing the same.

Has anyone else had this problem or know what the problem is? I can't see a blockage. Ideally, if someone could take a very close-up photo of one of their jets and post it, I'd be grateful - I wonder if there was a filter on the front of them which has fallen off.
I can't speak for the Evoque as I still don't have one, however I had the same issue on my BMW which transpired was a blocked filter in the pump/outlet.

It seems that the fluid sort of goes gloopy on the filter screen and eventually blocks it and seriously reduces the pressure to one or eventually both jets so there isn't enough to make them spray.

However, the caveat on this being your issue is that I don't know whether the Evoque has a filter on the pump, and if it does, how you access it. The BMW was easy (although messy) as the pump and filter just pulled out of the reservoir.

BMW wanted to charge me to investigate and remedy, but it was an easy fix - the dealer service dept. wouldn't tell me what to do for 'elf and safety' reasons - yeah, right.

So I'd tend to suggest you investigate the pump end of the system rather than the jet end as a start.
Thing is, I would say the amount of water dispensed is the same, it's just like a tap pouring water onto the screen rather than a fine, wide spray.
Mine has done the same, when the first side went I compared with the other and noticed that in the end of the jet a small plastic bit with a square hole had disappeared from the faulty side. Couple of weeks later the other side went and the piece with square hole missing. My thoughts are that this is a diffuser to give the fine spray but tends to block with lime scale from hard water, the pressure of the spray then causes this piece to blow out the end of the jet. Might get it fixed at sometime but as the airflow over the windscreen and wipers when washing still clean the screen I'm not too bothered.
The tank etc on the Evoque is well hidden behind the front bumper so I'd suggest you take this to your dealer and raise it as a warranty claim.
My washer jets were highlighted as being defective at my first service back in Jan.replaced under warranty,the description you gave was exactly what happened to mine,could be a common fault?
My front ones are ok but lately the back one isn't working properly. Sometimes nothing comes out at all and other times a delayed spray would spurt out. And not a very convincing one at that! First I thought the water has ran out but the front ones are working fine so it can't be that.
Frost damage?
(13-04-2013 11:44am)Teetree Wrote: [ -> ]My front ones are ok but lately the back one isn't working properly. Sometimes nothing comes out at all and other times a delayed spray would spurt out. And not a very convincing one at that! First I thought the water has ran out but the front ones are working fine so it can't be that.

I find the rear washer a bit odd. I get 2 short burst of water the first gets swept across most of the screen but the second just gets pushed back up the last 3rd of the screen. Maybe it would be better as a spray like the fronts rather than a jet, or is mine faulty and it should be a spray ?
No its a jet like you say speary, it does a little dance sequence Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's