babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Smoke from drivers seat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anybody had any problems with the wiring on the evoque. Four weeks ago i was driving the evoque down the moterway when there was a strange smell and my eyes started to water my wife spotted smoke from under the drivers seat. We pulled over onto the hard sholder and a large amount of smoke was coming from under the seat this continued for two minutes before it appeared to stop.We got back into the car and could smell burning we called land rover assistance and the car was takern into the garage. After the first week they could not find a fault be said they were awaiting technical assistance from land rover. After the second week they phoned to say the problem was in a electrical componant in the engine and the smoke was coming from a vent under the seat.I then came clean and admitted I was a electrical enginner and did not beleve there explanation.Week three they have now stripped the seat and found damage to the seat and wiring loom. Still awaiting range rover technical assistance on weather to replace the seat and if wiring can be repaired.
Reference URL's