babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Just Noticed An error In My Build.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, had the car 3 weeks now though for about 10 of those days not actually driven it. I was sitting in the car today & was just looking around, playing with the Nav settings etc then looked at the A Post trim, then the B post trim & thaught that looks wrong.
I have the Cirrus trim but on closer inspection I could see the headlining was Ivory - I hate the Ivory & initially I was going to have Ebony but I & the salesman agreed on the Cirrus headlining as it would be a perfect match.
I rang the parts guy today to see what he said & on his computer my car came up as Ivory, he said he would let my salesman know but as I hadn't heard by 5.45PM I called & spoke to the Sales Manager with my order in front of me saying Cirrus Headliner.
I just clearly stated that if Landrover's error they WILL be coming out to replace it! He said he will go into the order in the morning to see where the error was made. I do hope it was LR & not the dealer as they have been very good & I don't really want them to have to fork out for it but I really do not like the Ivory.

I did have an incling that there was a mistake around 10 days ago when I was sitting in the car at dusc but said to the wife I will check in the day light & then forgot about it.
I really would be wary about having a new headlining replaced.

Another owner rejected their car for a similar issue, A pillar and headlining wrong. He was advised to reject the car as retrofitting is messy and problematic.

Just make who ever suggests a retrofit is confident about replacing it.

(It's thought & dusk by the way).
(27-03-2013 09:26am)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]I really would be wary about having a new headlining replaced.

Another owner rejected their car for a similar issue, A pillar and healing wrong. He was advised to reject the car as retrofitting is messy and problematic.

(It's thought & dusk by the way).

It's headlining not healing by the wayWink
I feel for you.

I noticed EXACTLY the same issue, but on the day of collection. I too had spent an age deciding colours and had decided that the Ivory headlining was not compatible with the colour of the seats/dash and was very specific with my dealer to make sure I ordered the Cirrus headlining option.

In my case, the dealer made the mistake as they claim they had never 'had to' order anything other than Ivory or Ebony.

I had initially considered their offer to have the headlining replaced, but looking at just how many bits are colour-keyed to the headlining, plus the fact that I don't have huge amount of confidence in mechanics abilities where 'soft furnishings' are concerned, and then with the other defects that were delivered free-of-charge with my brand new car, I rejected it.

I found that the Ivory really does clash, particularly in certain light, and as far as I can tell, the cirrus headlining is ONLY available to the Cirrus/Elements interior colour option so LR must have decided at some point that the Ivory was incompatible.

I have checked the build on my replacement car as Jodie from JLRCS has sent over the full spec and it definitely does have the correct trim now, and I'm glad I didn't elect to take the £500 'buy-off' payment from the dealer, or to have them change out what is effectively the whole trim in the top half of the car - just think of how many clips that that they HAVE to get fitted back in correctly, and the cabling they need to ensure is in place and secure, to stop any rattles now or in the future. My view was that they wouldn't be able to fit the trim as they do in the factory - oh, and of course, the fact that the TOPIx build spec of the car will always show as Ivory - that couldn't be changed.

Tell the dealer you want to see the order they placed on the JLR system, including all the option codes. The correct code for Cirrus headlining is 032EW

Good luck with it....
I feel for you given the changes you have made to the car to make it your own (colour scheme)

Good luck.
This is a huge mistake and one that can only be resolved with a reject IMHO as Trapdoor is experiencing. I was very specific about the Cirrus headlining during my order and if it comes in Ivory I will not be happy at all. The whole point of a bespoke car is to satisfy your desires.

Trapdoor, I'm sure the rejection process wasnt easy, any tips?
@heronb - I think if it had JUST been the wrong colour headlining, then the rejection would have been extremely difficult, as the dealer salesman was implying I was making a huge fuss about nothing - hence the initial derisory offer of a £500 refund - he said that would be what it would cost for them to replace the headlining - but I refused that (remember this was all before my discovery of the other defects as the car had gone straight to the detailers for 2 days) so he was looking into replacing the headlining. When my detailer contacted me and emailed me the report and photo's of the other defects, I felt I had no choice but to contact the Dealer Principal and formally reject the car.

After we had the meeting with him and he had looked at the defects, I think he honestly couldn't expect me to accept them - the salesman however was somewhat less sympathetic and made loads of excuses as to how and why we had been given the car like it - arse covering basically.

There are some fairly serious procedure-based issues at the dealerships whereby what you sit down with the salesman and 'order' doesn't necessarily get translated across correctly to the JLR system - it IS quite a complex system to ensure all the correct option codes are put in, and I think buying just before a plate change means that they don't spend as much time ensuring the order is setup correctly. But no excuse when the car is so damned expensive.

As far as I was concerned, the wrong headlining to ME was as bad as the vehicle not having the Adaptive Dynamics or Powered tailgate - it's not something that can be easily remedied after the event. And I felt that even though it was 'only' a colour difference, it wasn't what I had chosen (at some debate with the Mrs about the right colours....) so I wouldn't be prepared to live with it.

IF the dealer has got it wrong, then regardless of how smarmy the dealer has been and has given you lots of 'stuff' as a deal sweetener when you placed the order (not something we had mind you ... ) I'd be inclined to tell them to stick the car and get the right one ordered.

But above all, remain polite, calm and business-like but make sure they get the point that you won't be messed with and will take the matter as far as it needs to go to get it resolved.

@The Valeter - I hope you have your customer order 'invoice' with the Cirrus Headlining detailed on there - we did and that is why the salesman couldn't blame us ....
Interesting stuff, all be it a lot of hassle for you, hope you don't have too long to wait.

Hope Valeters problem is resolved ok.
I have cirrus / element interior, and waited for the cirrus headlining to be available for just this reason.

The first wrong order had the wrong headlining, so I rejected it (it just DIDN'T look right)

The second had the correct headlining, but WRONG gearbox !!

(I was asked in both cases if I would accept the car with NO financial inducement :lolSmile

Third time it was correct to order !
Good luck with getting it changed. If your Dealership customer care or the assistance from LR was anything like mine then your stuck with the Ivory. Even with the intervention of Sunday Life Newspaper and an article on how I was treated neither of them would help even though it was the Dealerships fault. TP Topping of Enniskillen.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's