babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Rear passenger side rubber window trim
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just picked up my 5dr Pure.......Loving it so far
just have few concern

1. at low RPM...the exhaust note was quite loud, espciallly when I tried to slow down and RPM went down to 2000 to 1000...sometime so loud that cause drum in my ear

2. Rear passenger side rubber window trim did not finish up and left a gap....is it normal? I've checked few other evoque on the road and they seem to have the same finish. The driver side is all closed up..but not the passenger side. I feel that the rubber will come off anytime soon.

[Image: IMG_4093_zpsf4e50757.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4092_zps93ec916f.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4096_zpse9a4e62f.jpg]
1/... Should be all very quiet inside if your windows are up, and certainly NO exhaust noise either.

2/...This is certainly NOT normal finish. It should be perfectly in line and closed up like mine is.
will dealer think I am too picky to ask them to fix the rubber seal?
(21-03-2013 05:50am)donot521 Wrote: [ -> ]will dealer think I am too picky to ask them to fix the rubber seal?

It doesnt matter if they do. It is not right and needs fixing
Its about how you feel not them.
Your car needs sorting. You have which engine up there? My Si4 is not loud at all. My trim is as perfect as it can get. Take it back. Give them your phone number to call when it's sorted. While you're driving their free loaner. That's how it's handled down here. Also, your dealer should take it to a trusted trim shop for the window work.
k will do
Just didn't expect to go back to dealer this soon....lol
Sigh..
Re: rubber trim, There maybe a small gap (<1mm) between the 2 in cold weather for expansion in hotter times, but it should line up horizontally, since you're going back for the exhaust noise, might as well mention it.
If the other side is "good" to your eye, then this side should be the same. And it looks a bit odd, as PhilSkill points out, why would it be off horizontally? No work done to the area was there?
Went to the dealer today and found out evoque that came from the same shipment they all happened to have the same finish. But they said they will adjust for me
(22-03-2013 09:27pm)donot521 Wrote: [ -> ]Went to the dealer today and found out evoque that came from the same shipment they all happened to have the same finish. But they said they will adjust for me

Sounds fair.
Reference URL's