babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Depreciation...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Sensitive topic I'm sure! I'm thinking with buying an Evoque, I've been a fan since I first saw one.

I am concerned by the number of people who seem to be moving on after owning for such a short amount of time (6-12 months).

Is this due to wanting to dodge upcoming depreciation (I assume the waiting list is shortening for new orders?), or technical reasons?

Convince me i won't regret a purchase!

Cheers,
Neil
Posted my email Neil on my thread, will delete at 9.15
Email sent :)
It would appear that most are selling in the short term because they are getting nearly what they paid. Some get another one and some move on for various reasons.
Speaking to my Dealer last week and he took a 1 year old Prestige in PX against a RRS and he gave the guy what he had paid for it new, granted there was a discount to play with on the RRS but still a great deal for the customer
Was it really that good a deal for the customer given that the dealer probably had at least £10k to play with in order to shift a run-out model RRS?
From reading posts on this forum it seems owners are getting 90% of their money back on a 1 year old Evoque which equates to around £4.5k depreciation. This means that dealer has shifted his RRS for £5.5k more than expected; smoke and mirrors never fail to catch the customer.
Tim
Something doesn't add up - I have found several cars of the same spec (base but maybe not as many extras as mine), same age or older, same or higher mileage selling for more than mine cost originally !
(21-03-2013 04:38pm)KaDargo Wrote: [ -> ]Something doesn't add up - I have found several cars of the same spec (base but maybe not as many extras as mine), same age or older, same or higher mileage selling for more than mine cost originally !

Yea I've seen a few that are asking for quite a lot of Pure original price or may be even higher like u mentioned . Does that mean if we sell now we stand to make a profit?? Wow:)
I'm looking at getting rid soon....after 9 months of ownership. So far, part-ex against a new golf gti I have been offered £5k less than I paid. Not too shabby at a first go. Will get more if I can be bothered to sell private. Don't know why they are holding their value so well, there are loads around. Prices have to fall off a cliff soon, especially when this bad weather passes.
My salesman told me now is the time to get out of white cars, the white phase is over. All the Evoques at my dealership are grey, black and a green.
(21-03-2013 09:10pm)J77 Wrote: [ -> ]My salesman told me now is the time to get out of white cars, the white phase is over. All the Evoques at my dealership are grey, black and a green.

Laughing Maybe they need to shift the grey, black and green ones Laughing
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's