babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Audi A6 temptation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Audi are offering some fantastic deals at the moment, so much so that I was tempted to oder an A6 2.0Tdi Multitronic Black edition.

The list price of this car with one or two extras comes to over £38,000 but Audi have a promotion on at the moment whereas if you trade in a "premium" brand, i.e. Land Rover, Jag or Merc they will give an extra £1500 towards your deposit along with a further £2500 discount if you take out Audi finance (at around 6% apr). Furthermore, if you source the deal from OrangeWheels their price comes in at just under £29,000 (inclusive of the Audi finance discount) saving almost £9000 on the list price.

I was a bit disillusioned with my dealer because of their poor customer service and also because they couldn't sort out a persistent rattle which was doing my head in so it was off to Audi to take a look at the A6.

I entered the car park of the dealership and parked the Evoque in the middle of a clutch of Audis - I then walked towards the door and turned to take a look back - at this point I couldn't enter the showroom, the Evoque stood out among the crowd - the Audis all look the same, it was really difficult to point out the A6 from the A4 etc. Sorry any Audi owners, but they are so bland nowadays.

It was then back home in the Evoque satisfied that I just couldn't make the change and as an added bonus I have managed to find the cause of the rattle (documented in another thread). I am now officially back in love and have learnt a lesson in so far as not to take my cars talents for grantedVery Happy
well done, good choice
Well done, the Audi's are dull as ditch water thats why they have to give them away to sell them, can you imagine the A6's re sale value in 3 years time. If they have to discount them by that much new can you imagine how much a three year old one is going to be worth with 40k on the clock, Lucky escape I would say.
Many people seem to be moving from Audi to Evoque, myself included. Had nothing but good experience with the brand but the Audi range is very generic, TT and A1 apart, that is due to continue with the addition of an A3 4door saloon coming soon.

Jelly anyone!Wink
Actually they are not as dull as dishwater, they have build quality that the Evoque can only dream of, better engine, better gearbox and all round better car.

I had an A6 2.7 TDi multitronic and it was a masterpiece in engineering. After 3 years mine retained 57 % of its value, I doubt that anyone will be saying that about their Evoque. Personally I'd trade mine for my A6 right now !
(18-03-2013 02:01pm)Wicksy Wrote: [ -> ]Audi are offering some fantastic deals at the moment, so much so that I was tempted to oder an A6 2.0Tdi Multitronic Black edition.

The list price of this car with one or two extras comes to over £38,000 but Audi have a promotion on at the moment whereas if you trade in a "premium" brand, i.e. Land Rover, Jag or Merc they will give an extra £1500 towards your deposit along with a further £2500 discount if you take out Audi finance (at around 6% apr). Furthermore, if you source the deal from OrangeWheels their price comes in at just under £29,000 (inclusive of the Audi finance discount) saving almost £9000 on the list price.

I was a bit disillusioned with my dealer because of their poor customer service and also because they couldn't sort out a persistent rattle which was doing my head in so it was off to Audi to take a look at the A6.

I entered the car park of the dealership and parked the Evoque in the middle of a clutch of Audis - I then walked towards the door and turned to take a look back - at this point I couldn't enter the showroom, the Evoque stood out among the crowd - the Audis all look the same, it was really difficult to point out the A6 from the A4 etc. Sorry any Audi owners, but they are so bland nowadays.

It was then back home in the Evoque satisfied that I just couldn't make the change and as an added bonus I have managed to find the cause of the rattle (documented in another thread). I am now officially back in love and have learnt a lesson in so far as not to take my cars talents for grantedVery Happy

I looked at a Q5 and Q7 before looking at the Evoque and found the Evoque to be the best of the lot. The RRE looks are simply in a different league; but I also preferred the interior and driving style of the RRE over the Audi.
A skoda superb would do the same job as the audi for a lot less cash, probably has a better image too.
(19-03-2013 09:47am)tetstb Wrote: [ -> ]Actually they are not as dull as dishwater, they have build quality that the Evoque can only dream of, better engine, better gearbox and all round better car.

I had an A6 2.7 TDi multitronic and it was a masterpiece in engineering. After 3 years mine retained 57 % of its value, I doubt that anyone will be saying that about their Evoque. Personally I'd trade mine for my A6 right now !

We have had
A4 Cab
A5 Cab
Mk2 TT 3.2
A5 3.0 tdi Sport Coupe 2 door

We nearly bought a Q5 but it was dull on the outside and very plain Jane on the inside could not hold a candle to the Evoques interior, we have had no problems with any of our previous Audi's and they have served us well but your heart never races when you go to get in them. The resale on them despite being low mileage and immaculate condition is always poor the only saving grace has been massive discounts when buying new, Audi's problem is dumping to many new cars on the UK market, hence the crazy deals you see, but each to his own & all that.
I traded my Evoque SD4 pure for a top spec Audi A5 sport line convertible in sprint blue and got over 4k back in my pocket. There's no way I would have paid the 42k it would have cost new, but I was quite happy to pay 17k less for mine which was under 2 years old.

I have had it for 5 months now and have no complaints and I certainly wouldn't say it was a bland car.

Each to their own I suppose?
Being objective and realistic about it and having had an Evoque and thus speaking from experience....

An Evoque and an Audi Q5 are the dead opposite of each other - the Evoque is a beautiful design and amazingly eye catching from just about every angle and completely unique. The downside of the Evoque is that the beauty is skin deep and much of it is really old-tech LR Freelander with a legacy that stretches back to the Ford ownership days - engines and transmissions especially.

The Audi Q5 is, largely boring and generally ugly to look at - the upside is that the engineering underneath is quality stuff and the in-car technology is perhaps 5 years or more ahead of LR's best efforts. I've been corresponding with a chap on a Q5 forum - his Evoque arrives next Monday..... He's been in a 2.0TDI Q5 for the last three years/75,000 miles - total repairs? "2 sets of tyres and 2x wheel bearings - 40.9 average MPG..... We know he won't average that kind of fuel economy on the Evoque - hopefully the build quality is improving all the time.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's