babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Do Full Fat Range Rover owners look down on the Evoque?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you think owners of FFRR's look down on the diminutive Evoque and see it as a smirch on the marque? I love the design and compactness of the Evoque. Range Rover class all the way.
Probably, but that's their problem. The Si4 is rather faster than all but the supercharged FFRR versions (as much the way I drive mine and they theirs) so I do enjoy overtaking them, especially the RR Sport which is bit of a sluggish lump which doesn't live up to its name.
(13-03-2013 03:02pm)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]Probably, but that's their problem. The Si4 is rather faster than all but the supercharged FFRR versions (as much the way I drive mine and they theirs) so I do enjoy overtaking them, especially the RR Sport which is bit of a sluggish lump which doesn't live up to its name.

WORD!!
(13-03-2013 03:25pm)Evofirenze Wrote: [ -> ]WORD!!

Yes
Yes, most do, as they believe there is only one true Range Rover. We are the great pretenders in their eyes.
Well they are higher so yes they do look down on Evoques Laughing
We'll have the last laugh on depreciation and at the fuel pumps Wink
In So. Ca. most people who drive Range Rovers are not enthusiasts and may not even know what an Evoque is. Although I was having a leisurely drive up a canyon a few days ago when some dip-shit in a Sport got on my tail -- to show me he had a sporty car, I guess? I promptly annihilated him. My Porsche friends love it (as they see the Cayenne as the Porsche anti-Christ). But in CA people are very into driving something that's environmentally friendly, so the Evoque has a unique status of being a "classy-cool" car.
They also look down at the RRS and Disco.
Well they are reliant on their lower emission cousins to help JLR to meet EU requirements!

More respect required!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's