babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Anyone else gone from a Hot Hatch to an Evoque?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm contemplating trading my Scirocco in for an Evoque. I've only ever really had experience of driving hatchbacks and I'm slightly apprehensive about how I'd get on day to day driving a 4x4 though I was fairly impressed with how it handled after test driving it.

Has anyone else made the 'leap' from a performance hatch to a diesel 4x4!
My last car (after a number of quick cars) was a FN2 Civic Type R. Not the fastest hot hatch out there but I was still worried when purchasing my Evoque that I would miss the handling of my hatch. Totally unfounded as I discovered when I stuck it in sport and into adaptive dynamic mode. Absolute class
Came from an Audi A5. No regrets in the ride and handling department
Does a Cayman count ?
If yes, no regrets.
Yes I too have traded up from a Scirocco to the Evoque, picking it up this week hopefully.
It's a natural part of growing up.........still got the hatch thoughLaughing
I have a Golf Gti as well as the Evoque. They are of course completely different cars and can't be compared from a driving experience but I'm sure that you won't be disappointed with the change to the Evoque. Don't expect hot-hatch handling and performance but it is extremely competent accompanied a relaxing, quiet and comfortable ride; that is if you stick with standard wheels and suspension. In my opinion these changes do very little for the car and at times are downright uncomfortable.
We're off to Geneva tomorrow and the Evoque is our first choice for the journey.
Tim
I'm considering going from the evoque to a golf r :) I quite like the drive in those!
Before the Evoques I had 3TTs, a Scirocco, and an SLK.

Have no regrets and find the Evoque much better than the Scirocco for overall smile factor. From a handling perspective the Evoque is very competent but the TT was more accomplished on the twisty stuff (as you would expect).

The big difference is I have taken both the Evoque and TT on 3000 mile European trips, at the end of the trip I thought I needed a new spine with the TT. In the Evoque it was a pleasure, even on alpine roads it was great.
I went from a scirocco to an evoque via a short term snotter. I actually preferred the scirocco, wish I still had it. The evoque went last week to soon be replaced by an Octavia vrs estate and money in the bank.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's