babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Should I be concerned?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My TD4 was originally due for handover this weekend. It was unloaded from the ship on the 24th Feb and delivered to the centre that handles the compliance plates on the 28th. It's been there ever since and I've just learnt it is not due to be delivered to the dealer until the 14th March.

In reading other threads I see in most cases that the transfer usually takes less than a week though some have taken longer. I know this centre also does rectification works. I also know the ship carrying my vehicle went through a decent storm in the indian ocean with 14m seas.

Apart from inspecting for overspray and panel alignment, how else can I tell what has been done to it by way of repairs? Is it logged against the VIN anywhere that's accessible? Am feeling slightly nervous.
If you can borrow a paint gauge that is the best way to know if its had any paintwork as well as looking for any signs of difference in the paint finish/orange peel.

I think the topix record may show rectification so worth checking that.

Good luck
Reference URL's