babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Rear Light Condensation!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I have had my Evoque since September, I have now got condensation in both rear lights, has anyone else experienced this problem? Is it a common issue or am I unlucky with this one?
I've had both my fog and one rear light replaced for condensation. Just unlucky I guess, just remember to take it easy on the pressure cleaner though near any seal or light Wink
According to the experts, it is all down to a breathable membrane.
it is to be expected and is mentioned in the manual that it will happen and as the lights warm up the condensation will evaporate. p 47

CONDENSATION
Fogging of lamp lenses can occur under some
atmospheric conditions. This will not affect the
performance of the lamps and will clear during
normal operation.
Had similar issue, and local dealer replaced them under warranty.
It always happens to me when washing the car. This weekend the weather had warmed up so the condensation returned again inside the rear light units. It only lasts for a few minutes before it disappears.
If it comes and goes, its like it says in the manual. If it wont go, its definitely a fault and should be changed. Got mine done under warranty, no problems.
(04-03-2013 01:11pm)FujiSan Wrote: [ -> ]If it comes and goes, its like it says in the manual. If it wont go, its definitely a fault and should be changed. Got mine done under warranty, no problems.

Agree with this view. Mine are now due to be replaced under warranty as they have agreed that one of them has lingering condensation which is beyond what is deemed acceptable.

Same dealer will be undertaking work.
Good to know LR respond and don't try to use the manual as a get out clause.
I've seen it a couple of times but it seems to go as they describe so no worries.
Cheers Guys,

It does come and go but can remain for days, will swing in by the dealer with it and see what they say.
Reference URL's