babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Broken wing miror
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not quite the first post I had planned - some idiot managed to take off my wing mirror on the way home tonight Evil

They didn't stop and I didn't get their reg - all I know is it was silver, as they lost their wing mirror as well.

Called the police, but as I had no details, and you don't get CCTV on country lanes, they couldn't help Sad

I guess I'll have to call my dealer (Marshalls in Melton Mowbray) in the morning to get an idea of cost before calling the insurance.

Any idea how much it should cost?
Welcome monkey. Sorry for your loss Crying
Without knowing which mirrors you have.
A guide price of
£100 standard
£140 power fold
£180 power fold+mirrors
£18 mirror cap in primer

Prices taken off #-bay as new parts + delivery
Doubt it's worth bothering your insurance for that... rarely is in the case of mirror v's mirror!
range from £113 upto £233+VAT for the housing itself

you may also need a new glass and back cover which would need spraying
Thanks for the updates. Marshalls have quoted between £122 & £368, depending on if the whole assembly needs to be replaced. They have ordered the parts and will get the cover sprayed before I bring it in, hopefully some time next week ...
Photo of the damage Embarrassed
Ouch - lucky that they didn't knock any other parts of the car!
I don't think it did, but I haven't seen it in daylight yet - and I won't until Friday Sad
Think yourself lucky. I was travelling along a country lane a few years back when some pratt came out of nowhere from the oposite direction cutting across a bend, using half of my lane. I swerved and managed to squeeze between the kerb and the oncoming car but we hit wing mirrors full on at about 50 miles per hour (I reckon he/she was doing in excess of 70mph so relative velocity was probably in excess of 120mph). My driver's side wing mirror smashed through the glass, hit me in the jaw and landed in my girlfriend's lap!
(26-02-2013 10:34pm)WavyDavy Wrote: [ -> ]and landed in my girlfriend's lap!
you or the mirror ? glad all safe
(26-02-2013 09:35pm)Monkey1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the updates. Marshalls have quoted between £122 & £368, depending on if the whole assembly needs to be replaced. They have ordered the parts and will get the cover sprayed before I bring it in, hopefully some time next week ...
Photo of the damage Embarrassed

I think it will polish out........ Sorry for your loss.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's