babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Discovery Loan Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took the Evoque into the dealer today and was loaned an awful 2012 discovery automatic in grey with grey cloth. Interior has acres of cheap looking plastic and a drab feel, the auto is clunky, has a very cheap feel to the whole car. the only good thing is there is somewhere to place the key fob before you start the car. Ill be glad to get the Evoque back......... provided they've managed to solve the problems that is.
I owned a disco 3 it was the most unreliable LR I've owned but its the one I would have back in a flash.

The plastics in the Evoque aren't that great, but hopefully you get your car back soon.
Got it back, apparently, a clutch problem 'causing all sorts of problems' has been rectified.
My car has been in for 3 weeks now for the tailgate rattle - obviously they are having problems sorting it out - they have, however, given me a very nice but thirsty Range Rover Sport in the meantime.Cool
(20-02-2013 07:05pm)Wicksy Wrote: [ -> ]My car has been in for 3 weeks now for the tailgate rattle - obviously they are having problems sorting it out - they have, however, given me a very nice but thirsty Range Rover Sport in the meantime.Cool

glad mine only took a day, i hated the loaner.......... i used stratstone Teesside
(20-02-2013 07:05pm)Wicksy Wrote: [ -> ]My car has been in for 3 weeks now for the tailgate rattle - obviously they are having problems sorting it out - they have, however, given me a very nice but thirsty Range Rover Sport in the meantime.Cool

I had one of those as a loaner for 5 weeks - I managed 30 mpg in the end, great driving position though.
I had a brand new discovery when mine was serviced, wasn't too bad, a bit plasticy, and the buttons were more confusing layout with same entertainment/Nav system as the Evoque. Fine as a loaner for a day and can see why it suits some people as handy if you had anything big to move, but much nicer to get back in the Evoque!
Reference URL's