babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Car Insurance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I am having my new car on 4th March 2013 - I just been online with with my present insurance company AXA, I thought I'd put the details in for my new car for a quote £288 with full no claims protection! BUT the would only insure the car if it was fitted with a Tracker. Has anyone else here come across this when insuring their car.

Brian
Had it when I first bought my X3 and insured through Direct Line. Subsequently it's never been asked for. However none of the quotes I've asked for on the Evoque have required it, none have discounted for having a Tracker fitted.

Have you been quoted by Land Rover insurance as they were very competitive against my current insurer (Aviva) who have been consistently cheaper than the main stream companies for my X3. Pretty sure LRI don't require a tracker but perhaps its also partly to do with where you keep the car overnight?
Tracker varies from Insurer to Insurer as does cover for Pano roof in glass section..
Best advice - shop around. I'm with Admiral and they did not require tracker on my SD4 Prestige Lux Coupe
LV also do not require a tracker Very Happy
Thanks for all the advice, very much appreciated.
(17-02-2013 02:43pm)Nantmoel Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all the advice, very much appreciated.

AXA.....they are very top of the list in my black book, if they spent half as much effort in trying to help their customers as they do trying to pin point a clause that allow them to avoid paying out, then they might be worth a consideration. The cheaepest might cost you dear!
Try Sainsburys - I was pleasantly surprised!!
Tried both Landrover and Sainsbury's and both could not provide a quote! I'm 54 clean licence full no claims etc. etc. Sainsbury do not even list the RR Evoque in there Landrover selection!! Hastings Direct via Go Compare £307.
As mentioned before LV dont need a tracker but they added an endorsement to my policy to say if the pano roof was damaged whilst driving on any surface other than a standard road it would not be covered.
I just insured with Hastings Direct through Compare the Meerkat Very Happy
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's