babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Happy Motoring?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all,
I thought long and hard before ordering my new car, it was a close run thing between an Audi Q3 and an Evoque. In the end I ordered the Evoque.
Looking at the forums I have noticed the Q3 forum is quite a happy place with many satisfied drivers. When I read Evoque forums, I wonder if I've ordered the right car. It's a lovely looking machine but I seem to read about nothing but problems, from rattles to faulty alarms, flat batteries and dodgy paint jobs, rubbish MPG and clueless dealers.
So help me out here folks. Is there anyone who has had a problem free Evoque? Are you a happy Evoque owner? Would you buy another one? Or have I made a very expensive mistake?
Hi Witty. I can definately put myself in that group you are looking for.
Collected mine at the end of March12 and just turned 20k miles of happy motoring this week.
Bear in mind that whilst this is a great forum, it is a tiny representation of the number of owners out there.
I would buy another without a second thought if the funds (aka the wife) permitted.
Yes it has some quirks. Yes the glove box door is a bit plastic, but if you look deep enough into any car you will find faults.
My only issue is what else would I buy now I have had one.
I have had BMW's for the last 5-6 years, and Audi before that and even a Merc once but none of them looked and drive this good.
In short. No you have not made a mistake. You will love it (I hope).
Happy motoring!
@Wittyusername,

I wouldn't hesitate buying another Landrover. Whether it's an Evoque is a difficult question though. So far for me it's been a hell of a winter with snow, slush and ice, and my Evoque with winter tyres has coped wonderfully with whatever has been thrown at it. If I didn't have such miserable conditions over winter and live up a dirt track hill, then I'd buy a Jaguar or Audi etc. Might even buy an Aston Martin!
Sold ours, average at best and bloody tiny
I had a broken turbo within 8 weeks and honestly thought this was the sign of things to come. AND if I had read this forum beforehand, probably wouldn't have bought one. BUT since it has been fixed I haven't had so much as a rattle. It has been perfect. It's a great smooth ride, not overly big in the boot area but we only wanted a medium size 4WD. I get looks every day. I love my Evoque.
I'm also in Warks - Warwick in fact. Mine was a PITA, LR bought it back from the leasing company. I'd love another one - BUT LR have got to provide better engines and auto transmissions and a much improved SatNav dash interface/internet connectivity first.

I spec'd a Q3 - its not hard to get to £7ks worth of options and whilst it will be better made (with great engines and transmissions too) than the Evoque it is truly ugly....

I'm going to sit on the fence and see if the 2014 model gets any significant improvements before deciding whether to re-order or not.
Very pleased with mine. Nothing more than a couple of minor niggles, great car to drive. Audis may be well made but they are so land to drive nd the jelly mould me-too styling is just tedious.
28,000Km's and not one glitch. Love mine and will definitely be getting another one.
Get annoyed at this forum sometimes as the minority do seem to bring the whole experience down.
We have a fantastic car which looks good, goes great and still turns heads. What more do you want!
The Audi forum may be a happy one, but how many owners have said that theirs look better than the Evoque? They have bought the jelly mould and they like it, regardless of how much fun it is to drive!!!
Yes, the Evoque still has lots to improve over the Audi Q3, and the minority who have aired their views are perfectionists. And the Evoque needs to be perfect...
For me the dealer is a crucial link. To be honest I have had generally good luck with Land Rovers, but my local dealer is superb. Also after my previous experience with Magnetic suspension I prefer to have a car that's so equipped. Audi has two cars with Mag suspension the TT and the R8. Mercedes, VW, BMW = 0. Acura has a couple. Yes, happy with the car but too soon for trouble. I hope.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's