babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Are my wipers trying to kill me ?...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...or do they just have an evil sense of humor. I have long had the feeling that the auto wipers on the Evoque are crap. The attached video is with them on the most sensitive setting and usually they are a lot worse than this. Why the heck would they just stop when it is obvious that it is chucking it down.
B!0ody dangerous if you ask me Shocked
I know I can switch them on to manual and i think i will have to do that for safety reasons. I wonder if i can get a refund for the auto wiper option Rolling Eyes

[Image: th_IMG_0447_zps00a8be25.jpg]
Take the car back to the steelers and get them to sort them out! Show them the video.
Haven't seen vid as out on phone. Iirc, the 'intermittent' wipspeed/frequencye can be configured (by dealer) to either be linked to sensitivity or vehicle speed - could yours be configured to vehcile speed?

Is the windscreen sensor area dirty ?
Its special Bolton rain, the type that wets you though and you only get it on Blackburn Road at night on the way back from the pub!
My auto wipers on my last 3 cars and my other halfs car are no better than that.

I have had Audi, Porsche and BMW and my other half's is a VW.
It seems certain types of rain fall does play havoc with the sensor and without being able to describe it, the rain in your video looks like the stuff that Censored things up for me.

Blustery misty drizzle maybe? but it always gets shifted by the occasional rogue of proper rain drops.
Got to face it, like cruise control its a convenience thing not a complete substitute and if you need to go to intermittent, constant or even totally manual then so be it.
I agree it can be really annoying, especially as that rain pattern is all we seem to have had for 3 months!
(13-02-2013 02:22pm)stiggy Wrote: [ -> ]Its special Bolton rain, the type that wets you though and you only get it on Blackburn Road at night on the way back from the pub!

Bolton correct, Blackburn road correct, pub, fat chanceVery Happy
Reference URL's