babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Evoque Car Cover
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quick question about the factory car cover for the Evoque.

Wondering if any one here has purchased it and their experience with it. Is it worth $230 and will it breath has it protective interior to reduce the chance of scratching?

Any inputs appreciated even after market covers.
You need to be very carefull with car covers as I found out last Winter when I spent £140 on a multi layer breatheable cover for my MG Montego. Suposedly water resistant I often lifted it to find condensation underneath then on windy or very windy days not only did the wind lift it off so you need to use extra ties to secure it but the cover got buffeted against the paintwork causing grazing of the paint which now needs machine polishing to remove. Luckily it is being restored & they will sort that & when it comes back I have a garage.
The best way to fit a cover is if you can put some sort of void between the cover & the paint, something like thick strips of polystyrene that can be placed but that don't move!
I would only use it in extreme conditions outside. I would think it's most handy in the garage so insects and dust don't soil the paint while it sits.

I'm beginning to think it's just easier to wash it once a week then worry about a cover scratching my paint. A good paint sealant should keep the paint free from chemical damage any ways.

Still if any one has experience with the factory cover would love a review. Very Happy
(12-02-2013 06:50am)superfox Wrote: [ -> ]I would only use it in extreme conditions outside. I would think it's most handy in the garage so insects and dust don't soil the paint while it sits.

I'm beginning to think it's just easier to wash it once a week then worry about a cover scratching my paint. A good paint sealant should keep the paint free from chemical damage any ways.

Still if any one has experience with the factory cover would love a review. Very Happy

A BLACK car and you want to put a cover on it?
A cover only makes sense if the car is not going to be used for a long time and then only to protect the car from tree sap and the rest. I use a cotton dust sheet to protect my "summer cars" in the garage over winter but the Evoque is out in all weathers and none the worse for it.
(13-02-2013 03:30am)scrannel Wrote: [ -> ]A BLACK car and you want to put a cover on it?

I was thinking of it. Why are black cars not allowed covers?Laughing
(13-02-2013 06:43am)superfox Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking of it. Why are black cars not allowed covers?Laughing

Swirl marks
(13-02-2013 08:44am)doug Wrote: [ -> ]Swirl marks

Covers leave swirl marks as you say, but on a black car its really exaggerated. Or rather, you can see every tiny scratch.
(13-02-2013 06:43am)superfox Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking of it. Why are black cars not allowed covers?Laughing

Many moons ago I had a new black BMW 320 and went camping to a cliff-top sea-side spot, so decided to buy a cover to stop salt water getting on it. Big mistake! The flapping and movement of the cover ruined the paintwork along all the prominent edges (like the edge of the boot), and (at least in those days) new paint was still 'soft' making matters that much worse. I spent the rest of the holiday looking at it, attempting to gingerly polish it, and whittling about it!
OKAY Shocked

WELL THAT SETTLES THAT THEN.

Thanks guys, that's why I love forums !Very Happy
Reference URL's