babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Electronic Seat Adjustments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just started fiddling with this recently (after a rather annoying event in which I lost my settings) and I noticed that occasionally the seat won't fully adjust to a memory setting when a number is pressed.

It seems to happen when I'm sat on it rather than when pressing it before being sat down. I will press 1 and it will adjust maybe only half way. Only when I press it again will it fully adjust to the memory setting stored on 1. As I said seems ok when I press it before getting in.

Hmmm. Any one else get this?
I think you'll find others have had instances of this mentioned in other threads. I have. It hasn't been a frequent occurrence and seems totally random!
So far mine's behaving, But the "entry mode" setting really barely moves the seat.
(11-02-2013 06:15pm)scrannel Wrote: [ -> ]So far mine's behaving, But the "entry mode" setting really barely moves the seat.

I suspect you have the seat quite low then as it really only benefits those who have the seat up higher so as to give some headroom when exiting. As as been mentioned in other threads the seat doesn't go backwards to any extent so if you are short and sit close to the wheel then you will end up disappointed!
On a side note, I have noted that my entry feature sometimes works and sometimes does not. I always have my seat set at the same position, and when I open the door it moves a good 3 inches down/back. However sometimes it doesn't move at all when I open the door after driving. I have tried testing many different things, and haven't found correlation between what I am doing at the time and whether or not it moves (i.e. if foot is on brake, etc). Any ideas?
I've opened the car and found my seat all the way up and all the way forward, but mainly when it's been hot (40 degrees++)
(16-02-2013 07:42am)Jai Wrote: [ -> ]I've opened the car and found my seat all the way up and all the way forward, but mainly when it's been hot (40 degrees++)

Maybe it was trying to get off the hot floor? Laughing
(16-02-2013 01:26am)goldenboi79 Wrote: [ -> ]On a side note, I have noted that my entry feature sometimes works and sometimes does not. I always have my seat set at the same position, and when I open the door it moves a good 3 inches down/back. However sometimes it doesn't move at all when I open the door after driving. I have tried testing many different things, and haven't found correlation between what I am doing at the time and whether or not it moves (i.e. if foot is on brake, etc). Any ideas?

Does the steering wheel have a dial for adjusting? Sorry, don't have an Evoke any more but the D4 has a dial, which you move to adjust the steering wheel, but the dial also has an auto setting. If selected, it moves the seat back and down a bit when the ignition is switched off for easy exit. If the dial on the steering column isn't switched to auto, the seats don't move...
(16-02-2013 10:53am)Craig_d1 Wrote: [ -> ]Does the steering wheel have a dial for adjusting? Sorry, don't have an Evoke any more but the D4 has a dial, which you move to adjust the steering wheel, but the dial also has an auto setting. If selected, it moves the seat back and down a bit when the ignition is switched off for easy exit. If the dial on the steering column isn't switched to auto, the seats don't move...

You can turn it off, but even when 'on' it only moves the seat my imperceptible amount. By contrast, my Merc. moves the seat so far back I can't reach the pedals!
I have this issue, too, where pressing the "1" (which I have memory programmed) doesn't always work.

Also, the exit/entry will only work if you MANUALLY put the auto box into "Park" before switching off the engine.

If, like me, you switch off the engine and allow the auto control tp move itself to park (which is a great feature), then the entry exit feature doesn't work.

Pretty stupid if you ask me!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's