babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Range Rover Experience Day - Rockingham Castle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I spent yesterday in Leicestershire at Rockingham Castle driving a £93k Range Rover. O.M.G its an incredible experience.

You get told that these machines are capable of going off road and we've seen on TV what they can do. But until you are actually sat in the drivers seat on a 40 degree sideways incline, you just don't believe it.

My girlfriend and I had the most fantastic day. Big thank you to everybody at Rockingham Castle for making us feel welcome and not inferior with our driving skills and knowledge.

Our instructor was an ex marine, at first i thought we would be getting shouted at etc. Actually he was very mellow and clearly knew his stuff. He was talking to us like human beings and making the comparisons between my Evoque and the RR we were driving. He was very relaxed whilst i took the Big Brother of my Evoque around the courses, even when the car started to slide sideways due to me cutting a corner too much lol.

He even let my girlfriend, who hasn't got a license yet, have a go.

The off roading was incredible. The amount of calculations that these machines can do per second is mind blowing. I have always respected Land Rover vehicles, but now i have experienced it first hand, nothing compares to them!!!
I had the 'Experince' and was equally impressed with the whole day, and especially our instructor Dave.

(07-02-2013 10:28am)BRO-T Wrote: [ -> ]The off roading was incredible. The amount of calculations that these machines can do per second is mind blowing. I have always respected Land Rover vehicles, but now i have experienced it first hand, nothing compares to them!!!

Having said that, our instructor, having heard me state a similar view, said that we could have done equally well in the RAV my wife had previously! I was quite surprised and almost disappointed.
It surely must be an unforgettable experience..........nice to have a further confirm of the real worth of our nice RRE......thanks to share your exp. with us!
Very Happy
Reference URL's