babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: issue with service reminder pop up message after being service already
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

I am having issue with service reminder message popping up when you start the car. The message issue warning pop up after 6 days later after being service already. I had it reported to Land Rover service centre. They reinstalled and reconfigure the updated software which come with fixing bug to solve this issue. but still no luck.

I heard this is a well known issue as per the customer service. Right now they will report back to the head office and will update me soon, once they find a solution it.

Has anyone had this issue before?

My car is range rover evoque prestige SI - built on november 2011
Service required shows up on mine every time I start it since about 6000 miles.I also had software updates 2 weeks ago,they said they would reset it on the first service.
(07-02-2013 09:57am)broady43 Wrote: [ -> ]Service required shows up on mine every time I start it since about 6000 miles.I also had software updates 2 weeks ago,they said they would reset it on the first service.

Do you mean after you had the first service the issue start? And after the update software 2 weeks ago, Is the issue had been resolved? or it is still continue to show up?

Mine only had 1500 miles at the time of being service, all went well, no issue at all, but after 7 days later the message pops up.

i am thinking the issue must be related to no. of miles and service interval date, the software must have a certain standard no. of miles before it will decide whether it need to service or not. Since mine is below the minimum standard, the software still keep saying it need to be service, even though they reset the service interval date.
This is my theory and maybe i am wrong.
Hi,

My Evoque had it's annual service in January having done around 8k miles. When the car was returned to me, whenever I start the car up, I still get a message saying 'service required' so it seemed as though it had not been reset.

I spoke to the Service Manager last night as he was collecting my Husbands RRS and he said there is a 'bug in the software' and some vehicles service reminder is not being reset.... It's not a problem and they will sort it if/when it is back at the dealership.

Ali.
Yep, mine had its first service just over a week ago.
All was well until the "service required" message has started again.
Was at the dealers this morning having the drivers seat belt replaced (weird fraying near the clip) and it has been reset again. I mentioned the bug and they are looking into it.
Not holding my breath here!
This service reset issue has been mentioned on here before - do a title search on "SSM60837" for more info
(07-02-2013 02:46pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]This service reset issue has been mentioned on here before - do a title search on "SSM60837" for more info

Appreciate the solution to the reset.
The issue is that the indicator is being reset by the dealer but keeps coming back after 6 days due to a bug in the software.
We need a permanent solution rather than resetting the indicator either ourselves or by the dealer every 6 days. Sad
(07-02-2013 03:14pm)PhilB Wrote: [ -> ]Appreciate the solution to the reset.
The issue is that the indicator is being reset by the dealer but keeps coming back after 6 days due to a bug in the software.
We need a permanent solution rather than resetting the indicator either ourselves or by the dealer every 6 days. Sad

Gotcha, apologies.

(07-02-2013 04:50pm)DustinDep Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi DustinDep,

Thanks for the tips. ,but unfortunately under my service menu, i only got two to select from vin display and alarm warning. In Australia they disable any relating to Service.

Also the tips shown on your video, does it solve the issue fully or the message will pop up 6 days later and need to reset again.

thanks

kenta
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's