babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Headlining vibration- driving me mad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the pan roof and recently my car has developed a rattle/ vibration from the roof lining

It is coming from the headlining, it does it when the blind is fully open (all the way back) or halfway open, it does stop though when the blind is closed.

Has anyone else experienced this, it is worse on a rough road surface as you would expect. I have got the kids to put their hands on the headlining at the back near to the begining of the roof and can then stop the noise.

The roof headlining feels very secure, just want to stop the vibration.

Any ideas ??
I have that same problem but it doesnt do it all the time. I have a rattle in the roof near the back of passenger side. Sometimes it stops is the problem. I have a lot of rattles like that. one day its in the dash next day is near the driver front fender. next its just quiet.
Westy -I had two headliner rattles on mine and they were fixed by techs from LR Halewood - if I recall correctly they found that the 'electronic modules' at the rear of the roof were vibrating against the liner - they were wrapped in foam and a similar problem was found in the front overhead console (fixed by the OEM that supplied it to Land Rover).

You could give Guy Salmon @ Stratford upon Avon a call (01789 205990) and speak to Saj Amin, the assistant service manager there - he was intimately involved with the problem resolution and see if they can fix yours. Guy Salmon are the closest dealer to the Gaydon LR HQ and have an unusually close working relationship.
(05-02-2013 10:40am)Straydox Wrote: [ -> ]Westy -I had two headliner rattles on mine and they were fixed by techs from LR Halewood - if I recall correctly they found that the 'electronic modules' at the rear of the roof were vibrating against the liner - they were wrapped in foam and a similar problem was found in the front overhead console (fixed by the OEM that supplied it to Land Rover).

You could give Guy Salmon @ Stratford upon Avon a call (01789 205990) and speak to Saj Amin, the assistant service manager there - he was intimately involved with the problem resolution and see if they can fix yours. Guy Salmon are the closest dealer to the Gaydon LR HQ and have an unusually close working relationship.

Thanks for the heads up, I deal with guy salmon Coventry, so great information, sorry to hear we are losing you, but I understand that enough is enough.

I love the car it's just these unnecessary niggles that let a really good car down, thanks for your help
I had the same problem at the front. it was electrical modules vibrating. fixed by dropping the roof console and inserting pieces of foam between the modules and the roof. Probably more difficult at the rear as there is no access via the roof console
Reference URL's