babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Differences between MY12 and MY13 - software upgrades
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Have had my new Evoque for a few days now and noticed quite a few changes / improvements so far:

Reverse Camera
1. The reverse camera comes on almost instantly when I select R.
2. The colour seems better on the reverse camera - probably a hardware upgrade but could be software too.
3. The reverse camera is now listed under "Extra Features" next to Ambient lighting and can be switched on while driving forward now!
4. While viewing the reverse cam there is now a "backup" button to take you to the menu.

[attachment=3284]

Parking sensors
1. When in drive if I push the P button to switch on the front parking sensors there is a display on the central screen showing the car and the parking sensor levels.

[attachment=3285]

iPhone bluetooth and cable issue FIXED!

1. On my previous MY12 car if I plugged in my iphone to play music and was also connected to bluetooth audio the music would play for a few seconds then cut out. This was caused by the bluetooth audio over-riding the "accessory" cable. This issue was acknowledged by LR and I was told they had to wait for Apple to fix it which Apple haven't. HOWEVER, in the MY13 car when I plug my iphone in I get a pop up window saying something along the lines of "An Apple device has been plugged in so Bluetooth Audio is being disabled." Lo and behold the accessory cable then works!!!

Not sure if there are hardware changes or just software but if they are software then I don't see why LR aren't offering these to everyone as they are BIG improvements in my book.

I'm sure there's more so I'll add to this post as I come across them.
It would be interesting to see if I'll get any of the updates when my car will go in service next week...
(01-02-2013 12:32pm)andrey1302 Wrote: [ -> ]It would be interesting to see if I'll get any of the updates when my car will go in service next week...

I'll get a photo of the version numbers so you can compare. Many of the dealers in the UK seem to onlyl want to do software updates when there is a known problem rather than for improvements/upgrades. Unfortunately they seem to be stuck in the dark ages believing that upgrading the software may introduce a new problem.

It's a bit like comparing Blackberry to Apple. If you want the new Blackberry OS you have to buy a new device you can't just upgrade it like Apple do...
On driving the 13MY Freelander I have bee loaned I have noticed one or two things that wern't on my Evoque. The symbols on the display like the audio symbol seem to be highlighted, with the park sensors you get a parking alert like Audi do on the screen. On the vehicle set up menu the options you tick get highlighted in orange, my Evoque just had a tick box.
Wow definitely keen to get some new software updates... The iPhone thing Censored me to tears
(01-02-2013 02:41pm)Jai Wrote: [ -> ]Wow definitely keen to get some new software updates... The iPhone thing Censored me to tears

I thought yours was an MY13 car?
1 day before MY13 changes!!
my12 had the same looking display for the back camera, but i have all around cameras. Parking senors display would be a nice addition though
The graphical parking sensor display is a step forward - and yes, very Audi too.
Unfortunately they seem to have taken a few things away which I would have liked as described in the manual for use with the reversing cameras. The problem I have with the parking sensors is that you have to be very close to the object before they beep
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's