babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Locking wheel nut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had a puncture last night on my 1,900 mile like new tyres - it was 7.30 pm so couldnt be bothered to wait for recovery and I had ordered a spare. I was pleased that I was able to change the tyre - the wheel nuts were not too tight and the jack worked - now I have two stupid questions

1. They say that the locking wheel nut should be carefully stored with the toolkit - but I dont think I have a toolkit so where do you keep yours (no facetious answers please)

2. On the piece of paper that has the code for the nut it says dont keep the code in the car - why not? If the nut is in the car they can nick the tyres anyway if they have access to the inside of the car?
(24-01-2013 01:32pm)steviej Wrote: [ -> ]1. They say that the locking wheel nut should be carefully stored with the toolkit - but I dont think I have a toolkit so where do you keep yours (no facetious answers please)

Put it back where you found it Confused
1. In the locking wheel nut sized recess in the foam inserts in the back.

2. 'Cause you need the code on the paper when you lose the locking key out the boot (when the tyre place lose it for you) and if they lose the paper with the key you won't be easily able to re-order another.
Id be surprised if that bit of paper was the "key" to getting another easily if required.
(24-01-2013 05:26pm)gw76 Wrote: [ -> ]Id be surprised if that bit of paper was the "key" to getting another easily if required.

All relative... having the code will make it a lot easier than not having the code, doesn't mean it will be easy Laughing
For JLR, seems all that is needed is the VIN. Hopefully there will be few who end up needing to re-order.
Reference URL's