babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Suspension 'Thump'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 20" style 6 wheels shod with Michelin's (I appreciate it's going to be a hard ride Sad ), but sometimes it seems to crash crudely (the last car I had that did this had worn bushes!)

Does anyone else with the same combo experience this (ie, is it normal)
I recall seeing a note (on topix?) about suspension clicks.
have a search on here. I've looked on topix at the 'free' stuff but couldn't see it, but it might be in the pay area.
Some cars have had this issue - I think dealers are aware of changing some torque settings on the struts which usually seems to fix the problem.

My first evoque had it and it solved the problem
Do you have active dynamics?
(25-01-2013 08:05am)Jai Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have active dynamics?

No I don't - standard suspension
My AD is very thuddy, especially at low speed over bumps
(23-01-2013 05:29pm)KaDargo Wrote: [ -> ]I have 20" style 6 wheels shod with Michelin's (I appreciate it's going to be a hard ride Sad ), but sometimes it seems to crash crudely (the last car I had that did this had worn bushes!)

Does anyone else with the same combo experience this (ie, is it normal)

Yes mine does this, same combinations, it also creaks badly when cold going over speed bumps.

In next week for 2nd service so hopefully will get sorted then
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Suspension-creak

My car had this issue fixed as part of its first service today - there is a Land Rover service bulletin about it.
Mine doesn't creak but it is thuddy over bumps which is a Prestige without AD {as some one has already suggested it sounds like a dodgy bush). More so than the first Evoque I had which was very quiet. I had. I was in the dealers for it the other week for it but they couldn't find anything wrong. They did mention retorquing the struts but its no different. If there is a bulletin for thudding ( Not the creaking) I'd love to see exactly what it says.

Really spoils the enjoyment.
Reference URL's