babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 32k mile service due, report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Evoque is due it's 32k mile service, fair few things to look at and just wondered if anyone else had these issues

Doors straps on both front doors coming loose
Notchy gear change 1st to 2nd
Alternator noise on start up or belt slipping
Rear brake sticking passenger side
Suspension noise when cold
Creaking noise centre console
Rattle A pillar or above passenger sun visor (panoramic roof)
Notchy feeling/broken indicator stalk

Done a lot of miles in a very short time so good test, all in all nothing major, rattles are annoying, indicator could have been me holding it on going around corner, the main thing is the notchy gear change it really spoils the drive.

I am using Shell V power since getting a company fuel card, Evoque feels more powerful, very quiet and generally more refined. The engine in the Evoque just feels like it gets better by the day, when I first got it the engine was very tight but has progressively loosened up, never had a new car before which has been this extreme, had a lot of new car.
+1 on the notchy change from 1st to 2nd. Also sometimes sounds like there is a bee around the same place as your rattle Sad Fortunately none of the others, but only done 8k as yet...
Mine is doing the same but sometimes between 2nd and 3rd. It going in for its first service on Tuesday, lets see what happens.
On the first service they said they greased the linkage.....did nothing.

Had a 56 FL2 a few years back when new, it had the same problem so they changed the gear lever which has a sealed nylon joint, this resolved the issue, so I will ask Landrover to check the same on the evoque as I think it's getting worse not better with age/Mileage.

A positive is I am still on the original tyres, even though mine is the ed4 the fronts still have 3mm of tread on so lasting well
Notchy feeling/broken indicator stalk

I'm at 10k miles at the moment and there isn't much room for a smooth indicator stalk operation. It annoys me sometimes.
I had the loose door strap on the passenger side at about 2,000 miles - dealer just tightened the bolts.

So you've done 32k in 10 months - now thats a road test! LR should be biting your hand off to get hold of your car!
(24-01-2013 01:58pm)Cedric Wrote: [ -> ]Notchy feeling/broken indicator stalk

I'm at 10k miles at the moment and there isn't much room for a smooth indicator stalk operation. It annoys me sometimes.

Me too. I just assumed this was down to the Eco friendly manufacturing process and is a characteristic of the Evoque...reads , poor quality and workmanship!Smile
(Strange that the right hand side wiper stalk seems more solid and doesn't feel as cheap!)
(24-01-2013 06:16pm)Teetree Wrote: [ -> ](Strange that the right hand side wiper stalk seems more solid and doesn't feel as cheap!)

Right stalk up/down only ; Left stalk up/down and forwards/back - might explain it ?
(24-01-2013 06:27pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]Right stalk up/down only ; Left stalk up/down and forwards/back - might explain it ?

Yea true (although the right wiper stalk also comes towards the driver when we wash the screen ) but the indicator stalk sometimes sounds broken when it clicks in place to signal left or right where as the wiper stalk is quite smooth in comparison. Or may be my indicator stalk actually is slight broken?!Smile
Mine is due it's 32 k service in the next two weeks.

Have to say had a few little niggles but overall very happy, especially with the snow performance, but that's a different thread.

Door strap fixed by myself and added some loctite to the threads
I too have felt that the linkage is tight between the first three gears, supply dealer explained that this is how they are, will monitor, Guy Salmon Coventry now my service dealer and have been great.
Still on the original Pirelli scorpions, will check depth when it goes in for service, think its around 5mm all round, might be more.
Chassis parts and brakes have been great, seems the bias on the Evoque is towards the rear as my back wheels get dirtier quicker than the fronts, guess the rear pads will wear out quicker.
Have had a new radio screen module fitted to try to eliminate the Bluetooth problem I've faced, will monitor.

Whilst my car was in for the screen module, which was done very efficiently while I waited, i was talking to one of the salesman who told me he had just taken in part exchange an evoque that was 12 months old in November with 50000 miles on the clock (I don't think the owner slept they just drove around)

The sales guy explained the owner was so impressed he ordered another as a replacement.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's