babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: A Good Reason To Order The Spare Wheel @ Factory!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
More than I paid for my full size spare

and do you want to try that wimpy looking jack ?!
(22-01-2013 07:01pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]More than I paid for my full size spare

and do you want to try that wimpy looking jack ?!

Did you fit a full-size spare inside the Evoque?
(22-01-2013 10:27pm)j7david Wrote: [ -> ]Did you fit a full-size spare inside the Evoque?

I have had it in the boot (in a rush) and can't remember how comfortably it fitted. Due to collect from garge in next few days after another new tyre and will take pics.
Didn't order one for mine, had two punctures now, the first left me stranded with a new tyre needed so lease company ordered the kit....the cost from parts was circa £600, a £110 option when ordering car so definitely order from factory.

To make matters worse its not a simple fit as all the boot trim needs to come out to get the old foam out and new foam in.
(22-01-2013 10:37pm)tash Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't order one for mine, had two punctures now the first left me stranded with a new tyre needed so lease company order the kit....the cost from parts was circa £600, a £110 option when ordering car so definitely order from factory.

To make matters worse its not a simple fit as all the boot trim needs to come out to get the old foam out and new foam in.

Some companies in the US are now excluding spares to get their MPG up. GM, the biggest, on smaller cars it seems. I had a C6 that ran Run Flats, and that was perfectly fine. But short that, no one over here is going to buy a car sans spare... if they know about it. But GM's statement is they don't tell customers because it's "common practice". Right. Somewhere in Dante, perhaps. But no one in their right mind would drive around a major American (dangerous) city without a real spare. My first choice would be run flats, but they're a bit hard to size. Second, would be with a spare, third, a cab. Most dealers over here get that, though. When my wife bought her Sport we insisted they replace the "space saver" tire with a full size one. And they did, at no extra cost. Over here Evoques ALL come with 4 wheel drive; automatic transmission; 240 horse gas motor; and a real-ish spare.
(22-01-2013 07:01pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]and do you want to try that wimpy looking jack ?!

That's the standard jack!
(22-01-2013 11:32pm)Donny Dog Wrote: [ -> ]That's the standard jack!

My comment still stands Wink
Yep.. I have that Jack since my trolley jack doesn't go high enough, and man it's scary when fully up... Don't envy doing that on the side of a motorway with trucks rushing past...
(22-01-2013 10:27pm)j7david Wrote: [ -> ]Did you fit a full-size spare inside the Evoque?

Here's a picture.[attachment=3246]
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's