babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Manual gearbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,does anyone know if the Evoque gearbox is the same as the Freelander.When I first got the Evoque I posted that I was having problems with 5th gear,there isn't a gate for it to go into.I thought it was normal in the end until I drove a Freelander today which has a gate for 5th gear,the gear box is so much better than the Evoques which brings me to believe there is something wrong with my gearbox.
Has anyone else got a problem with 5th gear?
(21-01-2013 09:52pm)broady43 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,does anyone know if the Evoque gearbox is the same as the Freelander.When I first got the Evoque I posted that I was having problems with 5th gear,there isn't a gate for it to go into.I thought it was normal in the end until I drove a Freelander today which has a gate for 5th gear,the gear box is so much better than the Evoques which brings me to believe there is something wrong with my gearbox.
Has anyone else got a problem with 5th gear?

I don't own a manual but I test drove one before I bought an auto. Anyway, during this test drive I did not notice anything unusual with the gearbox in any gear. I've been driving manuals for about 17 years.
(21-01-2013 10:01pm)Kimv Wrote: [ -> ]I don't own a manual but I test drove one before I bought an auto. Anyway, during this test drive I did not notice anything unusual with the gearbox in any gear. I've been driving manuals for about 17 years.

Thanks kimv,I have driven manuals for about 28 years and have never had a problem finding gears until the Evoque.
My manual seems fine to me.
5th gear is smooth and slick on mine!
My car is in the dealers at the moment having the low battery software update that is why I have a Freelander at the moment.When I go in tomorrow I will get them to test drive it for me or I will test drive another Evoque.
If I had to pick a "dodgy"gear on mine I would say 2nd can be a bit notchy sometimes but not too bad
Gearbox in the Evoque is a Volvo M66 AWD. Nothing untoward with my gearbox shifts smoothly, I feel it to be tighter than the Fl2, but it has been a while since I had a manual Fl.
(21-01-2013 10:41pm)J77 Wrote: [ -> ]Gearbox in the Evoque is a Volvo M66 AWD. Nothing untoward with my gearbox shifts smoothly, I feel it to be tighter than the Fl2, but it has been a while since I had a manual Fl.

Thanks,you are right,the gearbox is a Getrag M66 same as in the new Freelander which means there is a problem with my gearboxSad
Mines silky smooth, lovely gearbox
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's