babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Placed order Feb 2012, still waiting...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I ordered my Si4 Evoque Dynamic 11 months ago in February 2012 (SE QLD, Aus). The estimated delivery date was July/August.

A few months later I was told that LR had suspended production of petrol models to clear the backlog of diesel orders. My delivery would now be around November. I told the dealer I would rather wait for the first MY13 off the line than wait 9 months for a car soon to be last-year.

The first build they had me in was November 2012 but I lost that spot after a series of dealer errors required changes to the order. Ultimately I got the December build.

I'm now wondering if I was ever actually in the running for the first MY13 build. I've read elsewhere they began much earlier than November. More like late August. But every time I called the dealer kept telling me they couldn't place the order "until the MY13 was put in the system". Maybe it's an Aus thing. Were the first 2013s earmarked for other markets, or was it another dealer error?

I emailed the dealer last week to ask for my VIN, as I hadn't heard anything since November. He said he had the VIN (but didn't provide it) and it looked like arriving in Australia sometime late Feb.

I'm struggling to recall the excitement I had when I first placed the order. Hopefully that will change when it arrives.

(Edited for length now that I've calmed down a bit. Short version is it has been a fiasco with the dealer).
Sounds like shoddy service to me riddled with their errors!
Don't let it get you down. It is worth the wait.
Deffo worth the wait, but your dealer should be throwing in some goodies for free
sorry to hear that,
ordered mine in belgium mid september and delivered 21/12,
i must have been very lucky

what should be the reason that some countries take ages to be delivered?
There are a stack of SI4s in Oz. not long ago they offered a $6k discount to clear them. Have you done search to see if something matches your options?

Agree that the delay seems very shoddy.
Thanks everyone. Yep Filski I've checked carsales now and then and nothing has really been close enough to my spec. Too late to back out now anyway. Fingers crossed I'll get her next month Smile
Hi, I'm in Perth, ordered mine mid October and picked it up yesterday.Dealer has been awesome throughout (Southern Landrover). Mine was a MY13 model, built in Nov12. According to my dealer it would have been one of the first MY13's but don't know on what basis he said that.

Sounds like you've had a bad experience with the dealer which is a real shame. I'd be asking for some compensation from them for sure, use these other quicker, smoother orders from Oz as a basis to do so.

On a positive note. Love the car, really pleased with it and glad I ordered what I wanted colour, spec wise and waited for it. Hope you also love the car when you get it.

Would it also be worth complaining to LR about the dealer problems and experience?
Yup, my order was placed mid November and built Jan 3rd. It's cruising past Sierra Leone this morning. Have a word to LR and discuss the issue.
Reference URL's