babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: New top gear 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The new BBC Top Gear series 19 starts Sunday 27th Jan. BBC 2 & BBC HD 8:00pm.
Waste of Licence payers money.
Good stuff, I do like top gear especially the adventures. It's about the only bit of fun that's on the telly these days. I have all the specials on my iPad.
(21-01-2013 12:03am)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]Waste of Licence payers money.

You haven't seen the American version is horrid
Both American and Australian versions are horrid. Franchising the show was a stupid move,and almost greedy in my opinion.
I can bear the American version, but the Australian is just plain awful.
The trouble is they basically have nearly unlimited budget with the UK show and they don't spend anywhere near enough on the other two
For me, it's not so much about the budget (i don't much like all the bullshit they do to appease the masses that aren't that interested in cars, i just like proper road testing of cars, and road trips), it's the fact that the English trio have great chemistry,it's unique, and it's effortless with wit and charm coming naturally to them.....makes me cringe watching the others trying to manufacture that chemistry and failing so badly.
I just don't know why they would have bothered offering a franchise, when all they have to do, is just produce a series year after year,and sell it to the world which loves it, and it's what they do anyway...is it not enough?
As a proud Australian I am totally embarrassed by our top gear. Shame shame shame
Am waiting for the reviews on the new Range Rover....
You have to take it for what it is... fictitious baffoonery, The British do this very well. In amongst it are a few tid bits of useful info on cars, when they're not going sideways burning tyres up.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's