babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: EPB queries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

With snow everywhere, it's raised a question the manual can't give the answer to.

1 - how do you leave the parking break off on an auto box when you switch the ignition off. They can often get stuck on in the cold - especially in the alps

2 - how do you leave the auto box in gear when you switch the ignition off - for hill parking

Thanks in advance!
I think leaving it in park has a similar effect to leaving it in gear. I know from my auto Fl2 it isn't possible to leave it in gear.
1.I don't use the parking brake. It doesn't come on automatically on mine and I don't engage it.

2. Leave it in Park, same effect as leaving it in gear in a manual.
1.) EPB AUTOMATIC USE

EPB will be applied automatically if the ignition is switched off and the vehicle speed is below 3km/h (2mph).

To prevent automatic operation, when the vehicle is stationary, press and hold the EPB switch in the release position. Within 5 seconds, switch off the ignition and continue to hold the EPB switch for a further 2 seconds.

--> Owner's Handbook, page 87
Reference URL's