babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Engine question ... Td4 sd4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Anybody know what changes are made between a td4 & sd4 except 30bhp

Does the sd4 have a bigger turbo ?

Or is it just a ecu change ?
Just a "remapping" I think.
So if you remap a 148 bhp does it go to 200 bhp ?
I guess so....but there seems to be a grey area as to what happens if the engine blows up. Fairly sure it would invalidate your warranty.
(07-08-2011 09:05am)Jonathon555 Wrote: [ -> ]So if you remap a 148 bhp does it go to 200 bhp ?

not far short if you remap a freelander with the same engine, it costs about £400 from supechips too, which is a lot cheaper than the £1000 land rover will charge you for the upgrade plus a little "sd4" badge.

I would assume superchips will be able to do the same for the evoque too, they even normally give a warranty in case the manufacturers doesnt cover you.
So does that mean we will never be able to chip the sd4 because that would mean chipping an already chipped engine?Confused
Remapping or tuning is in hand already allong with the component search to find out any differences if any. Thumbs Up

Pete
(07-08-2011 09:25pm)bell-auto-services Wrote: [ -> ]Remapping or tuning is in hand already allong with the component search to find out any differences if any. Thumbs Up

Pete

When will the search report back ?
Im on it between jobs at the moment.

Pete
So can the SD4 be revved up too or is it just the TD4 being revved up to a SD4 performance?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's