babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Detailing at dealership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,

i am expecting to pick up my car end March beginning of April in london. I have a question, i will have to book a flight once i have got the date of the collection as I have to drive the car back to Vienna so will have a few days where the car will be sat at the dealers.... does anyone know of or had detailing carried out at the dealership before collection?
It brand new.... I don't get it... Detailing is about getting the car to look brand new... It already is lol what's to clean?
I have been reading up on detailing and the Gtechniq products.... I've read quite a few people that have had the car detailed close to whether have taken delivery and uncovered some issues with paintwork that ordinarily wouldn't have been detected....

I am also presuming that the Gtechniq product protects the car for longer

Have I been misinformed?
I think the correct terminology should be "New Car Protection"!!!
(31-12-2012 05:39pm)Steveb68 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been reading up on detailing and the Gtechniq products.... I've read quite a few people that have had the car detailed close to whether have taken delivery and uncovered some issues with paintwork that ordinarily wouldn't have been detected....

Have I been misinformed?

You are correct! New car detailing is all about removing any factory defects in the paint and applying good protection products to both keep the interior and exterior looking good and making cleaning easier.

Gtechniq are awesome products - if you send me a PM I can give you the details of my approved Gtechniq detailer - Over the Rainbow. Which dealer are you collecting your car from?
Steveb68, I replied to your post on the other forum.

There are quite a few of us on the forums who have used GTechniq Accredited Detailers and their products.

Good stuff in my opinion.
(31-12-2012 06:55pm)WB Wrote: [ -> ]You are correct! New car detailing is all about removing any factory defects in the paint and applying good protection products to both keep the interior and exterior looking good and making cleaning easier.

Gtechniq are awesome products - if you send me a PM I can give you the details of my approved Gtechniq detailer - Over the Rainbow. Which dealer are you collecting your car from?

Tried PMing you but says you have reached your PM quota
(31-12-2012 07:29pm)Steveb68 Wrote: [ -> ]Tried PMing you but says you have reached your PM quota

Just cleared it.
(31-12-2012 06:55pm)WB Wrote: [ -> ]You are correct! New car detailing is all about removing any factory defects in the paint and applying good protection products to both keep the interior and exterior looking good and making cleaning easier.

+1 Cannot recommend GTechniq enough and the detailer that WB recommends is fantastic!
(31-12-2012 05:39pm)Steveb68 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been reading up on detailing and the Gtechniq products.... I've read quite a few people that have had the car detailed close to whether have taken delivery and uncovered some issues with paintwork that ordinarily wouldn't have been detected....

Have I been misinformed?

You are right - http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...irl-Option Exclamation
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's