babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Illuminated Tread Plates - Retro Fit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These are standard on the Dynamic model but are they easily retro fitted to a Pure/Prestige? as in is the wiring allready there?
If so where is the cheapest place to get them?
I'd like to do this... They look like a nice touch... Can't remember how much it was to add them to my pure order. Will have to have a look
Duckworths is the cheapest I have seen, unless you get a good set from eBay. Was going to fit them to mine but dealer wanted nearly £400, so went with the Union Jack ones, but still fancy the illuminated ones.

I think you can now get personalised ones for the Sport, I notice also you can get sill protectors for the Evoque as a OEM part now.
The wiring is there but you have to dig them out. They are also tape to some wire tubing. Just make sure when you route the wiring so it doesn't pinch when you snap them back on.

I don't know who's the cheapest in the UK
eBay there £260 or both 5 door and 3 door
And are £312 on the price guide I got when I put my order in. Might have gone up since
I want them but I want them in red !
You'll have to find a way to remove the LED. I don't remember if it was easy or not to remove them
These panels do not use LEDs. They use the electro-luninescent panels and you can have any colour you like as long as it's blue at least for the official LR ones. My 911 turbo and SL55 AMG have them in white but it's a colour choice made by the manufacturer which cannot be changed.

Keep in mind they are not visible during the day, only at night.
Reference URL's